↳ Excerpts from @Xanatos_Gambit's Reviews

Banner made by -softivity 
Reviews written by Xanatos_Gambit 

Disclaimer: The reviews have been edited to retain conciseness and spoiler-free. To read the full review, please visit our review shop, Kannada Script Reviews Shop. 

SynWorld Chronicles | Synegg 

Title 5/5

It seems like SynWorld is the "infinite world" that you talk about in the blurb? Sounds cool to me.

Cover 5/5

I think the cover looks cool... and usually, I don't like the covers with a sepia-type look ... but this one works!

Blurb 3/5

Oooooh. I like the concept... I haven't heard this one before, and I'm a total fantasy nerd! However, that's a *really* long sentence. I suggest breaking this up into 2 or even 3 just so it sounds more clear and concise.

Genre 5/5

Definitely a fantasy book that makes me HAPPY.

Originality 10/10

Chapter 2:

Dreams of the day he died. I'm laughing but I feel like I'm not supposed to. It's unusual, that's why I promise it's a good thing!

LMFAO THE CHICKEN TALKS. Love it.

PS: you have already got the 10 for originality and I'm still on Chapter 2. I love your description of this world.

Descriptions 9/10

Chapter 4:

Dang, I almost jumped like a horror movie when you described the woman with entrails.

Character Development 10 /10

Literally kills me how Brims deadpans everything. And then how Sera's always like, wait is that true. Reminds me of my older brother with my little brother and it's hilarious.

Angie and Chickadee bring all kinds of humor to this story, and I'm all here for it. You develop Brims and Sera to be deep characters on a serious note... and then you add in some humor with those characters.

Plot 10/10

Chapter 1:

OOOOH. I love THE VOICE thing at the end.

Vocab 8/10

There are a couple of places where more interesting words can be used... but usually, you have unusual words to describe things vividly.

Enjoyment 10/10

Clearly this is on my reading list so I'm LOVING IT.

I don't know how you managed to do it, but how you interwove such a complex fantasy world into this story, yet without overwhelming the readers, is absolutely amazing.

Total 89/100

-----

The Clearing RogueWriter55 

Title 4/5

The title doesn't relate to anything in the blurb, but it seems ominous enough with what's on the cover!

Cover 4/5

Not going to lie, the fact that the word "Clearing" is split up on the cover is kinda driving me crazy. Everything else about the cover, however, I think is amazing. The slashed blue scene within the normal road spells mystery, and the use of the silhouettes within the letters of the boy in the tree is really awesome. I've never seen anything like that.

Genre 5/5

We've got magic in the blurb and alluded to the cover, definitely Fantasy.

Originality 10/10

I've read a lot of fantasy and magical books... and this one started off with a bang and continued all the way through with a very unique plot.

Descriptions 10/10

Your descriptive abilities are absolutely amazing. The nighttime scene in which the story started, and the scene where Victor entered the Grants' house for the first time was amazing. Also, the scene in which you described the dueling magical forces within him, it was really really interesting!

Character Development 10/10

Is Victor supposed to talk like someone who's in high school? Because he definitely does... I mean I get the difference in speech, but he's got a high vocabulary and whatnot for a little kid.

It's hilarious how he doesn't understand everything that's going on, like when Kristy was trying to get him to help her out of the date with Nick, and when Nick and Ton were giving him dating advice. I love the creation of 'kino'!

I love his best friends; they're literally hilarious. The younger siblings and them are totally the comic relief of this story, and I am all here for it.

Plot 7/10

I absolutely loved the end of the first chapter.

I liked the connection of the colors battling in the clearing with what the three women came to his house later and said... it's a way for the reader to guess what is going on!

Grammar 12/15

You have a couple of apostrophes and commas out of place, for example, in the blurb: "The child appeared on the Grants' doorstep".

Structure 4/5

I would do a little more to separate Victor's flashbacks from what's actually happening in the story... Since as I understood that we had moved to a flashback based on what you said, I don't know if all readers would catch it.

You too, know how to end a chapter, my dear! Almost every chapter is ended by a quip or something that makes me chuckle.

Vocab 10/10

Much like your descriptions, your choice in vocabulary is *splendid*. I like the contrast between Victor's English and the rest of the characters'.

Enjoyment 10/10

Not going to lie, I usually hate magic books. I think they're over done, cliché, and people always make them teen fiction, stereotypical, and boring. Yours, however, is literally the complete opposite. I am enjoying this book more than I ever thought I would! :) It is hilarious, there are quips at every turn, and with a unique plot and lovable main characters, this book should have a LOT more votes than it does!!

Total 88/100

Check out these books! You won't regret it! 

To get your book featured here, submit it to Kannada Script Reviews Shop. If your reviewer enjoys it or thinks it has potential, they will forward it to the newspaper team who will post it!

Other ways to get your book featured is through interviews or our book recommendations column. Go to linktr.ee/ScriptSociety and fill out one of the forms! The real link will be found in the inline comments here.