chapter 7

Ok so enough of the flashback. It's back to the present. They are on their date at the lake in case you forgot.

After Jay had narrated why Zevon hates him. And also told her about Zevon's threat to ruin his life.

"Okay, wow, that was not what I expected to hear." Lonnie said.

"Yeah. Are you mad?" Jay asked fearfully.

"Why would I be? I'm just glad that you decided to tell me the truth." Lonnie said honestly.

Jay released the breath he was holding. "Thanks. You really are too good for me." He said.

"Tell me something I don't know." Lonnie joked.

"Ok. I love you.........kelele." Jay said as he chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh, well that is new information." Lonnie said trying not to sound disappointed.

"You know something else you don't know?" Jay asked.

"What?" Lonnie asked curiously.

"You're about to get wet." Jay said.

Lonnie looked at him confused before Jay smiled mischievously at her.

When she realized what his intentions were she tried to get away but it was too late.

Jay already pushed her into the lake.

"Jay! Not funny!" Lonnie exclaimed in the lake as Jay kept laughing.

"Are you sure?" Jay asked as he kept laughing.

"Ugh I hate you. Are you just going to stand there and keep laughing or help me?" Lonnie asked trying her best to sound annoyed.

Jay could tell that she was faking her annoyance. "Okay here we go." He said as he stretched his arm out so he could pull her out.

But Lonnie dragged his arm making him fall into the lake as well.

"I should have seen that coming." Jay said.

Lonnie laughed while Jay chased her around the lake. They spent the rest of their date, swimming around around splashing each other and chasing each other around.
**********
At roar practice

"Okay guys let's pair up. Aziz you with me." Lonnie said before being interrupted.

"Hey guys." The person spoke.

"Zevon. What are you doing here?" Lonnie asked clearly annoyed.

"Well I wanted to join the team." Zevon said.

"Sorry but we are already full. Maybe next time." Lonnie said.

"Ah, ah, ah, I read in the rule book that I can fight one of you guys for a spot on the team." Zevon said.

"And who do you wanna fight?" Tyler asked.

"Jay." Zevon replied.

Which didn't take Lonnie, Carlos or Jay by surprise.

"Why don't you fight me instead?" Lonnie said.

"What?" Zevon asked.

"Lonnie no." Jay tried changing her mind.

"I'm the captain of this team." Lonnie said.

"So?" Zevon asked.

"So if you win against me, you'll become the captain." Lonnie said.

"Hmm okay I accept your challenge." Zevon said.

"Great." Lonnie said as she readied herself.

They both circle each other at a distance while twirling their swords in their hands.

Lonnie was the first to strike as she lunges and aims right for his head.

Zevon was able to block it just in time. Their blades crossed almost perpendicularly. He slid his sword of hers as he tried to strike her side.

She was quick enough to catch the blow, he threw down his sword upon her and she blocked it quickly, deflecting the blade before he thrusts again. This time to get other side.

Lonnie moved swiftly and caught his blow, hitting his jaw with the jolt of her sword.

Everyone watching the exchange could tell that Lonnie was taking it way personal. They just didn't have any idea why.

They assumed that she might have been crossed that Zevon tried to challenge her boyfriend and took note to themselves never to annoy her, or challenge Jay.

Jay was watching the fight and he kept wondering why he let her go against Zevon. He shouldn't have let her take up his challenge. She could lose her spot on the team and as captain because of him.

Not that he underestimated her skills but come know it's Zevon. He is a maniac.

Zevon after being hit took a few step back as he glared. He twirled the sword in his arm as he charged at her and swung it at a downright angle from the right.

Lonnie ducked, doing a combat roll around Zevon and brought her sword to his backside.

Zevon already spun and managed to get it before she could win.

He whirl around and slammed his sword down to catch hers.

"He's way too predictable. That can't be right. Is he going easy on me?" Lonnie thought.

Lonnie shoved his sword of hers. He swings for her legs as she does a cart wheel backwards.

When Lonnie was back on her feet, she waited for Zevon to make his move.

He lunged for her, her blade blocked his just as fast. He thrusts back down against her opposite shoulder and she blocked it as well.

She dodged his next downward blow completely and swept his legs with hers to knock him on his back.

Zevon grunted when he hit the rock floor and looked up when she pointed her sword on his throat.

"I win." Lonnie said.

Everyone cheered Lonnie as she helped Zevon stand up.

"Better luck next time." Lonnie said with a fake sweet smile. While Zevon kept staring at her.

As much as Jay wanted to be super proud of his totally amazing girlfriend, he didn't miss the way Zevon looked at her.

It was the same way Zevon looked at Haylee, with admiration and he didn't like that one bit.

Wow I updated faster than I thought I would. The sword fight scene, took it from another story from a different fandom to credits to her. Anyway sorry for the short chapter but it's like I said this story won't be as long as my other one but I want it to have at least 30 chapters so each chapter can't be very long. Well that's all for now. Hasta luego.