chapter 17

With Evie's help, Jay and the rest got to the limo. Zevon was already in the trunk when they arrived.

Jane hugged her boyfriend who happily hugged her back and soon they all entered the limo.

Jay drove while Carlos was in the passenger seat beside him leaving only the girls at the back.

Evie distracted herself by picking on her nails. She badly wanted to talk about the 'situation' but advised herself to wait till Lonnie was ready.

Bridgette was anxious and nervous about going to Auradon. She wondered if what Zevon told her was true. That as soon as she step foot in Auradon prep they'd ship her back to the isle.

She tried to push the thought out of her head. These were Auradonian kids, they'd be terrible at lying. Besides she was finally reunited with her second half. Nothing, NOTHING was going to separate them again.

Jane subtly studied her best friend. The urge to ask if she was alright was burning inside of her.

Lonnie on the other hand was really nervous to go back. She couldn't imagine her parents and everyone waiting for her to return. The questions, how is she supposed to answer all the questions they'd have for her without breaking down.

The silence in the limo was so intense they could all feel it. Lonnie knew they wanted to give her, her space and she was grateful for that. But the silence was deafening and she knew she would have to break it.

"Guys...." Lonnie started and all of their heads snapped to her direction.

"Could you guys like not say anything about the....... um....... you know. Especially not to Ben. He'll never forgive himself." Lonnie said knowing it would destroy Ben if he knew what happened to her.

"Of course. Its not like it's our tale to tell." Evie said reassuringly.

"Also not many people knows that you were kidnapped." Jane added.

"What do you mean?" Lonnie asked.

"Well, when we found out what happened, we decided to keep it between our group. No adults because for sure they'd call your parents. And I'm pretty sure Ben would be sushi if that happened." Jane explained.

"Yeah and when we came to find you, we froze time so we can come get you and it would look like nothing happened." Evie added.

Lonnie was beyond relieved that no one knew about the kidnapping which meant that nobody would know or suspect the other thing.

"So who knows I was kidnapped?" Lonnie asked.

"Just Doug, Ben, Audrey, Uma and Mal." Evie answered.

Lonnie sighed in relief. They wouldn't ask her questions.

"Thank you guys." Lonnie said.

"For what?" Evie asked.

"For coming here. For rescuing me. For giving me my space. For everything." Lonnie replied.

They all smiled and gave her a hug.

"You are going to love it in Auradon." Jane said to Bridgette.

Bridgette smiled at her new friend. All the doubt that they won't accept her erased from her head.
************
It was a long ride, but they finally made it back to Auradon prep. For them, everything took like six hours but for Auradon, it only took two.

Ben, Audrey, and Doug were waiting outside when the limo pulled up.

Ben was anxiously waiting to see the brown haired warrior princess. Jane came out first followed by Evie. Then Lonnie finally came followed by the white haired girl who Ben didn't even notice because he was too focused on Lonnie.

"Ben I swear to Mushu If you don't stop crying, I'll chop your head off." Lonnie said as she was crying her own.

Ben gave Lonnie a bear hug whispering apologies into her ears.

"Where is the bastard?" Ben asked as he let go of Lonnie who got attacked with a hug from Audrey and Doug.

"He's in the trunk and I'm taking him back to the isle." Carlos said.

"I'll go with you. I didn't get a chance to grab my stuffs from the isle." Bridgette said.

"Who are you?" Doug asked her as they finally noticed her.

"Bridgette." She introduced sheepishly as all attention were on her.

"She's my twin sister." Carlos said.

"And she helped me escape." Lonnie added.

"She also saved our lives." Jane said.

"I think she deserves to stay here and attend Auradon prep." Lonnie said with a tone that spoke 'Don't even think about saying no'

"Of course. And thank you." Ben thanked her with a handshake.

"I need to do something. I'll be back alright?" Jay said kissing the side of her head.

"Okay." Lonnie replied as he left and signaled Jane to follow him.

Carlos and Bridgette took the limo to the isle.

"Come on. Let's go inside." Ben said as he led Lonnie inside to where Mal and Uma were.

"Lonnie!" They both exclaimed happily that their friend was alright.

"Guys." Lonnie replied as she hugged them.

Ben and Doug feeling like they should give the girls some privacy so that they could talk, left.

"Where's everybody else?" Mal asked.

Audrey explained where everybody left to and then right before she could finish, Jane walked in.

"Hey guys." Jane said.

"Uh Uma and Audrey could you guys give us a minute alone?" Evie asked.

"Sure." Audrey said as she dragged a reluctant Uma.

"Mal, do you have any concealing spell? Like for concealing scars?" Evie asked Mal.

Lonnie winced when she heard Evie mention the scar.

"Well yeah but the problem is that the spell gets washed off once water touches it. Why?" Mal asked.

"Zevon scarred Lonnie and we were hoping you could hide the scar or make it go away." Evie explained without telling Mal what led to the scarring.

"Maybe I'll ask my mom. I was going to meet her anyways and ask her if Jay and Lonnie could stay together just for a few days." Jane said.

"But then she'd know what happened." Mal said.

"Yeah, well she was going to find out eventually. After all we have to explain why Zevon is no longer in Auradon." Jane said.

"Okay good plan. We'll just-" Evie was talking before Lonnie cut her off.

"Guys!" She exclaimed.

Everyone turned to her surprised.

"Stop doing this." Lonnie said.

"Doing what?" Jane asked

"Treating me like I'm a child. Or a fragile thing that should be kept behind a glass. I have a say in this too you know. You shouldn't just be deciding what to do its my life." Lonnie said.

"We're sorry." Evie said.

"What do you want us to do?" Mal asked.

"Just be there for me. I'll get through this with all of your help." Lonnie said.

"Of course." Jane said as they gave her a group hug.

"Thank you."