chapter 15

"He, he raped her. I'm sorry."

Hearing it out loud plainly, none of them could take it.

Jay staggered back a bit like he had just been shot with an arrow to his chest.

Evie let her tears flow freely, Jane tore out of Carlos' arm and ran to give Lonnie a comforting hug while they cried arm in arm.

Carlos clenched his jaw harder as the only thing going through his mind was to kill the bastard.

Carlos' powers may not work but his temper certainly did. All that went through his mind was finding the bastard who hurt Lonnie and is the reason for Jane crying and making him pay.

But he was certainly going to have to wait his turn because the first in line with that thought was Jay.

Jay stood stunned like he was trying to process what Bridgette had said. After processing, he started walking towards the door angrily.

"Where are you going?" Evie asked before he could get to the door.

"What do you mean where am I going. Do you not see Lonnie crying right now? I'm going to kill that son of a bitch." Jay said.

"You don't even know where he is." Evie said

"I don't care. I'll find him." Jay said

"How can you leave right now when she is crying her eyes out?" Evie asked.

Jay seemed to think about for a moment but his anger got the better of him as he ignored Evie and continued walking towards the door.

"Dude, Evie's right. Let's just wait a bit, calm down and then find the son of a bitch and make him pay." Carlos tried reasoning with Jay.

Jay still tried leaving until Lonnie called his name her voice cracking as she mouthed stay. Jane let go of Lonnie.

Jay ran back to his girlfriend and embraced her again.

"I'm so sorry I let this happen to you." Jay said while stroking her hair.

"I thought you were going to leave me. Zevon said you won't like me anymore after this." Lonnie said chocking back a sob.

"And he was right. I don't like you anymore." Jay said shocking everyone especially Lonnie.

"I knew it. No one will like me again." Lonnie said as she stood up to leave.

Jay caught her arm before she could go far and pulled her into his arms.

"I don't like you because I love you Lonnie. And I can't believe it took you being kidnapped for me to realize it. When you were gone I lost it. That's when I knew I love you." Jay said.

And there it was. The three magic words made Lonnie forget about everything else for about a minute.

"You, you do?" Lonnie asked wanting to make sure.

"Yes. I do love you Lonnie Tylee Fa Li." Jay said cleaning her tears with his thumb.

Lonnie gave a small laugh. "I love you too Jayden Jafar."

Jay smiled and placed a small kiss on her lips.

"You know Jay........." Evie said as she and Jane were looking at him dangerously while holding a book and a pillow.

Lonnie stepped away from Jay knowing what was coming.

"That..was..not..a..fun..ny..joke." Evie said as she and Jane kept hitting Jay with the object they were holding.

Lonnie and Carlos laughed at the scene while Bridgette just watched amused.

"Carlos, come get your girlfriends off of me." Jay said sounding desperate.

"Nah you're on your own pal." Carlos said.

"Alright, alright. That's enough." Carlos said as he grabbed Jane by the waist and pulled Evie by her arm.

"I don't think I've thanked you for rescuing and taking us to Lonnie. Thank you. How can I show my gratitude?" Jay asked Bridgette.

"Actually Bridgette is coming with us to Auradon." Lonnie said.

"Um do you think you should making that decision without consulting Ben first?" Evie asked.

"I don't want to cause any trouble. Lonnie it's okay." Bridgette said.

"Look I made a promise. Either she's coming with me, or I'm not going at all." Lonnie said stubbornly.

Jay looked at his girlfriend proud. No matter what she was still his headstrong determined girl.

"Well she did save Lonnie and us. I don't see why not." Jane said.

"OK. It's settled." Evie said.

"But first we gotta get Zevon." Evie said.

"But we can't leave now. Goldie and bear are not back yet." Lonnie said.

"And we gotta cook the porridge like we promised them." Bridgette said.

"Then let's do it together. That way we'll be faster." Evie said.

"But won't Zevon be gone by the time we finish?" Jane asked.

"No I know Zevon. He wont run. At least now we can think of a plan." Jay said.

"Okay. Let's go get this son of a bitch."