chapter 14

Ok this chapter was really difficult to write. In fact I had to fight myself if I should write this chapter or not and myself won. So here's me writing this chapter. I kinda dislike myself for writing this chapter. But please don't blame me or I, blame myself cause it's all her idea.

Trigger warning!!! Trigger warning!!!!

It has been almost 45 minutes since the gang and Bridgette had been collecting ingredients from all over the forest.

"Okay I think that's everything. We can head back now." Bridgette said.

As soon as that was said, Jay started feeling a lot of emotions. Anxiety, nervousness, fear, eagerness but above all happiness that he was about to see his girlfriend and that she was safe.

As they got closer to the cottage, Jay's heartbeat became faster and louder that he could hear them.

Jay didn't really know exactly why he was nervous but he was. As soon as the girl opened the door, they saw Lonnie in an apron sweeping the living room backing the door.

"Oh Bridgette you're back already. That was faster than I-" Lonnie said and stopped her sentence mid-way when she saw Jay and the rest of them.

The broom she was holding fell off her hand. "Jay?" She asked just to be sure she wasn't having a sweet dream.

Jay immediately ran to her and embraced her in a passionate hug before kissing her passionately which she kissed back.

All the emotions Jay was feeling melted down to just pure bliss. After kissing Lonnie, he embraced her again as he stroked her hair without noticing the difference of her hair. Tears of happiness streaming down her face while Jay tried to keep his own at bay.

Jane and Evie "awed" at the couple while Carlos stood there holding his girlfriend happy Lonnie was alright.

"Lon did you do something with your hair? It looks good." Evie said.

"Oh yeah that was Goldie and bear's daughter Blondie, she's obsessed with hair. She's like a blonde Dizzy." Lonnie said

(Yes I ship Goldie and Bear I'm weird I know)

"So.....What happened. How did?" Evie asked gesturing around the cottage and Bridgette.

"Oh well I met Bridgette when I was still with Zevon, she helped me escape and then we needed a place to stay before we could think of leaving the forest. So we came here. Goldie and Bear accepted us so we offered to cook and clean for them while they went out to do whatever it is they went to do." Lonnie said.

"Is that all that happened?" Bridgette asked Lonnie .

Lonnie gave her a pleading look. Her eyes begging Bridgette to push with the matter.

"Well I mean these are your friends right? They came all this way for you. I had to save one of them from a wooden bunny. You should tell them. They deserve that much." Bridgette said.

"What's she talking about? Tell us what?" Jay asked.

Lonnie left Jay's arm and sat on the couch crying and shaking her head.

"You'll all hate me especially you." Lonnie said referring to Jay.

Jay squatted in front of Lonnie holding her hands.

"Lonnie, that's crazy I can never hate you. We would never think of you different no matter what." Jay said calmly, but on the inside he was the opposite of calm. Whatever happened is making Lonnie cry so it must have been bad.

"Alright?" Jay said as he cleaned her eyes and tucked a stray lock of her hair behind her ears before noticing a mark on her neck.

Using his thumb and index finger, he carefully tilted her head to the side to see clearer. It looked liked choke marks.

He slid the collar of her dress down her shoulders as far as they could go which was just below her shoulder blades.

He could see hickeys trailing down her shoulders but was really sickening was the "Z" tattooed on her shoulder. It looked like a knife cut but it looked more like a scar than a wound.

"What did he do to you? WHAT THE HELL DID THAT BASTARD DO TO YOU?" Jay asked angrily as he stood up.

"He forced himself on her." Bridgette said.

Evie covered her mouth with her hand tears swelling in her eyes, Carlos balled his fist and clenched his jaw. Jane was physically trembling, Carlos noticed and held her tighter, each of them praying it didn't mean what they think it meant

"What?" Jay asked not seemingly understanding Bridgette.

Bridgette seeing the lack of reaction felt she had to clarify and went further.

"He, he raped her. I'm sorry." Bridgette said

To be continued...