Part Seven: Stung

He was panting heavily and it looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. There were heavy bags under his eyes and he was pale as a ghost. You could see the sweat that seeped through his clothes and you could have sworn you saw black veins stick out from his neck. His hair was ruffled and soaked with sweat. He didn't look healthy. You were concerned.
   "Hey Ben, I'm (y/n). Do you remember me from the bonfire?" You asked but the boy did not respond, only breathing heavily. He looked at you with a murderous glare.
   "Are you okay? You aren't looking so good so let's head back to the Glade and—" you tried but you were cut off by Ben who has now leapt on top of you.
   You screamed and he shouted in your face as he tried chocking you. It was hard not to notice the greenish black veins this close up. His teeth were stained a horrid brown color and he wreaked of death.
   You tired pushing him off you but the boy was persistent and twice your size. This was not like the fight circle. This was definitely different.
   "Why are you here?" The sick boy screamed in your face, a dark liquid coming from his mouth he had spat all over your face. "Have they sent you to kill us like they always planned?"
   This boy was really sick, physically and mentally.  None of what he was saying made sense to you. All you knew was that this boy, if you didn't think of something fast, was going to choke you to death.
   "I don't know... what your.... TALKING ABOUT!" You screamed back, slamming a rock against Ben's pale skull. He got knocked back a bit and you tried getting up without falling. You felt lightheaded and dizzy, but you pushed through, knowing you had to get some distance between the boy and you.
   You knew he was a runner, you knew that this boy was inevitably going to catch you. But you also knew that there were plenty of boys out in those fields to protect you.
   You ran, heart beating and pulse racing, screaming for help. You pounded your legs as fast as possible. You had just made it to a small hill when Ben tackled you to the ground, making the two of you tumble down.
   You got to your feet quickly but not as quickly as Ben, who took you by the feet and pulled you across the dirt. You clawed at the ground to get away but the boy flung you against a tree like a rag doll.
   Ben pushed you against the tree, holding you by the shirt and pulled back his fist. There was no time to react as the boy drives his fist in your face, sending a wave of pain through your jaw. He pulled back again and punched you in the eye, sending more pain throughout your face.
   You watched as the boy pulled back is fist one more time, but this time you weren't going to let him get you again. When his fist flew for your face, you dodged the punch and watched as his inhuman strength brake a part of the tree. While he yelped in pain, you lifted up your knee swiftly and nailed him in the gut. While he was bent over you took your shot and punched Ben across the face.
   While the boy recovered, you began bolting again. You could taste the blood in your mouth and your face radiated of pain. You never felt so threatened in your life. This boy wanted to kill you. He wanted you dead.
   As you ran you finally saw the edge of the Deadheads. You screamed for Newt, Gally, Minho, Alby. You screamed for anyone.
   "NEWT! GALLY!" You shouted out and saw some of the boys look up but they didn't know where you were because you were still blocked by trees.
   "ALBY! ZART! ANYONE!!" You shouted, finally breaking free from the dense forest. Newt looked over to you, as did Gally and Zart. Frypan was with Alby.
   Suddenly, Ben was on top of you again, trying to choke you like before. Suddenly, the boy picked you up and threw you in a water trough for the animals. You didn't even notice it.
   You heard the muffled sounds of people screaming for you. You mainly heard Newt.
   You tried preserving your air but him dunking you in was so unexpected that you had no air to preserve. You clawed at Ben's arms but he didn't let you go. You felt yourself about lose consciousness when suddenly you felt someone pull you out of the water.
   You laid in their arms as you coughed up water and blood. The person holding you was rubbing your back and holding you close as you began spewing.
   When you felt that you were okay, you were so tiered. You felt the persons warm arms wrap around you and you just fell into their embrace.
   "It's okay (y/n), your okay love." It was Newt, you were in his arms.
   You were breathing heavily but all the loud commotion stole away your attention. You looked over to see Gally and some of the other Gladers holding Ben down. He struggled to get free but there was more weight against him. Then, Minho came out of no where looking for Ben.
   "Hey guys, anyone seen Ben? We were in the Maze but I lost hi—" Minho stopped when he saw the scene. Everything was chaotic. Minho looked at you and saw the blood stains on your shirt and how you were soaked. Your eye was swollen and your jaw was heavily bruised as was your neck.
   "Oh my god." Was all he could say at the sight. Next thing you knew, Alby came running up as well, serious face on. Frypan was right behind.
   It took Alby one second to assess the situation.
   "Lift his shirt." Alby demanded and Gally did as told, lifting the shirt to show Ben's skinny chest with a blackening scar and purpleish green veins. They extended over his chest like an ugly spider web. It was horrific. "he's been stung." Ably announced.
   "Noooo!" Ben cried out and all the boys gasped, some whispering amongst each other.

What was that supposed to mean? Stung by what?

   "Take him to the pit." Alby called to the boys holding down Ben.
   "Please, you have to listen to me! She's not who she says she is! PLEASE!" They all carried Ben away swiftly to get him away from you.
   Using whatever strength you had left, you were able to rise to your feet. Newt stood up right beside you. It was only you, Newt, and Minho. They both looked at you but you didn't speak. It was a very quiet minute.
   "(Y/n)..." Newt tried putting a comforting hand on your shoulder but you slapped him away. He pulled his hand back hurt, but not because you had slapped him.
   "NO! Don't touch me!" You shouted. Frypan turned and saw this, as did Chuck. Gally and Alby were still with the others and Ben.
   "Hey, (y/n), calm down." Minho said, trying to get closer but you backed up, refusing to let them come near you.
   "No! Get away from me!"
   Ben just attacked you. He said things you didn't understand. You could have died. You weren't mad at them, you were mad at the situation but you exploded on them. They were the only ones there who could take the hit.
   "Love..."
   "You promised! You promised they wouldn't hurt me! YOU GAVE ME YOUR WORD!" You shouted in Newt's face and you saw the boy's doe brown eyes sink. He wasn't crying but you could tell that your shouting hurt him.
   "It's okay (y/n)." Frypan tried but you looked at him with both fear and utter rage.
   "NO! None of what just happened was okay!" You yelled and them, you looked Newt dead in the eyes. "You gave me your word." And that was the last thing you said to him before you walked away. You knew Newt was going to try to follow you, but he was held back by Minho.
   "Let her go Newt, you just gotta give her some space." Minho said as you disappeared into the Deadheads, quietly wishing Newt would follow.