Part Twenty-Five: Not His Fault

You ran out of the Homestead after Alby had been ripped from your grasp. You shouted for him but, of course, got nothing in return. You weren't expecting an answer, but you still called for him.
   "(Y/n)! Come back!" Newt yelled for you but you just stood outside the Homestead and looked out.
It was pandemonium.
   Fires were lit on everything that burned. Huts were destroyed and the bodies, so many bodies, lay lifelessly on the dirt floor. You could only smell smoke and rotting flesh. The screaming hadn't stopped, it echoed through the Maze as the Greivers dragged their victims to their home. You couldnt even see the entrance to the East Door because the smoke was so thick in that area. You sunk to your knees.
   "(Y/n)." Newt said, kneeling down in front of you and blocking your view of the broken Glade. "C'mon love." He said, wrapping his arms around you and embracing you.
   It took you a second to register, you felt numb, then, you hugged back. Newt pulled away and stood, reaching his hand out for you to take it. You did and Newt hefted you up softly to your feet. You looked around and realised that it wasn't just the Glade that was broken, the Gladers were too.
   "Is everyone okay?" You asked but nobody answered. You looked around the disordered group and realised that someone wasn't there. "Gally! Where's Gally?! GALLY!" You cried out and everyone looked around.
   "There!" Ron called and you turned, spotting Gally as he marched through the smoke, a few others following after him.
    You felt relieved that Gally was alive, you didn't want to lose someone else today, especially your brother. Newt still held you tight.
   "Gally." You sighed with a smile but that smile disappeared when he sped up with his fist clenched. He was walking right to Thomas.
   The boy didn't even have time to react before Gally nailed him in the jaw. Thomas fell hard to the floor and Teresa got down to his level. As did Minho. You and Newt ran up to Gally, you pushing him back and away from the hurt boy.
   "Gally! What the hell!"
  "Gally!"
   "What the shuck!?"
   "Whoa whoa!"
   "What are you doing!" You shouted in his face.
   "This is all your fault Thomas!" Gally shouted, "huh! Look around our Glade!"
   "Back off Gally, this isn't Thomas's fault!" Minho yelled as he and the others helped Thomas up.
"Everything started going wrong the moment he arrived." Gally yelled, pointing aggressively at Thomas. You pushed the boy back harder.
"You mean everything has been going wrong since I arrived!" Gally looked at you and he shook his head.
"No, no, that's not what I mean—"
"But it's true! Thomas did nothing wrong to you or anyone else here! Back off him Gally! What is going on with you? Why do you hate him so much!"
"What if he's right?" You heard Thomas mumble and you whipped your head at him quickly.
"No Thomas, you didn't do anything, don't listen to him." You turned back to Gally.
"I need to know." You heard Thomas say silently so you looked back at him and saw the syringe in his hand. It was a stinger. But where did he get it? You didn't care, all that mattered was that he had it and you knew what he was planning to do with it.
"Thomas, don't! Remember what I told you, the Changing—"
"I have to know." Thomas said and then, the brunette drove the needle into his upper thigh. The boy screamed in agony as the pain shot through his entire body. He seized uncontrollably and screamed in pain.
"NO!"
"THOMAS!" Many people screamed at the same time. Everyone crowded around the boy so you knew they would take care of him, now you had to take care of Gally.
"Get the serum!" Frypan yelled and Jeff ran off to the ruins of the med hut. Clint wasn't there with him.
You turned swiftly to Gally as he stared at Thomas in shock. He wasn't expecting that result, no one was. You came up to Gally and used all your strength to push him and he fell to the floor. He stood back up but did not retaliate.
"Look what you did! You made him think that was his only option!" You screamed in Gally's face and his once shocked expression turned to anger quickly. It was as if he weren't in control of his own emotions.
"He did that to himself! Why do you protect him?"
"Because no one else will!" You screamed and Gally looked at you with a cold soulless stare. That wasn't Gally looking back at you, it was anger.
"Listen up shanks!" Gally said loudly and everyone turned their attention to him. "This shank and his little girlfriend, they are to blame for this."
"You gotta be kidding me!" Teresa spoke up but Newt shushed her. He knew that talking would only make it worse. You remember being in that situation.
"Don't you all see? Now that Alby is gone, I am taking over, seen as we all know where Newt sides. He side with the Greenie. I side with you, the Gladers. All of you, not just one."
"Gally, stop!" You tried reasoning but he ignored you.
"Now these two shanks are going to pay for what they've done. We banish them tomorrow night. And anyone who feels the need to join them then go right ahead." Gally looked you dead in the eyes when said the last part and you glared back at him angrily.
"Your not the brother I remember." You said flatly as you walked away, turning your back to the boy and walking off to who knows where, you just couldn't be around him or anyone at that.