Part Twelve: Bring Him Back

Gally was standing in the doorway, looking back at you shocked. You didn't know what to say. There was a horrible silence that filled the room that ate away at you. By the look on his face, you couldn't tell what he thought.
"Gally..."
"How long." He asked but you stuttered on your words. It was like your whole body just broke down. "HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN?" He yelled and you felt yourself jump. You closed your eyes tight as if it would save you from this nightmare. But when you opened your eyes, Gally's angry face was still looking at you.
"Only for a day." You said and Gally had to look away, trying to calm himself down. Newsflash, it wasn't working.
"How long were you going to keep this from me?" Gally asked, flames of rage showing through his eyes.
"I was going to tell you!"
"You expect me to believe that?"
"Yes, because its true! I was just scared!"
"Scared of what? Me?" He asked but you shook your head quickly.
"Of course not!" You tried taking a step closer to him, but Gally backed away from you, going out the door.
"No, you stay away from me!" He yelled at you as he dashed out of the room. You ran out after him but only got to the doorframe before losing him. The boy had long legs, he was probably fast.
You ran out of the homestead and into the open plains of the Glade. The boys all looked at you confused because you were still supposed to be in the medhut. You looked around frantically but Gally was no where in sight.
"GALLY!" You screamed in vexation.
"(Y/n)?" It was Minho and Newt was right behind him. You forgot that Newt had called him over. Minho warned you that someone was coming, but you just assumed it was Newt like an idiot. You should have listened and gotten out of there. Now look at the mess your in.
"What happened? Shouldn't you be in the med hut waiting for Clint?" Newt asked, glaring at Minho who just smiled and winked in return.
"Gally, it's Gally." You said as you ran out looking for your brother again. You turned your head left and right looking for the boy, but nothing. It was as if he had disappeared. The Glade wasn't that big, how could you lose him so quickly.
"Hey slinthead!" Minho yelled from behind you but you ignored him and kept searching. "You gonna explain what the shuck just happened?" Silence. "Shuck face!"
"Minho." Newt said, pulling Minho back. "Let me. I'm more gentle." Minho just scoffed and pushed Newt'a arm off his shoulder.
"Go ahead Prince Charming, go talk to your princess." Minho said, bowing dramatically and Newt rolled his eyes in return.
"(Y/n), love?" He said and you stopped walking, now surveying all the Gladers. "do you want us to help you?" He asked and you stopped looking at the Gladers, focusing on the boys. You realised that you aren't helping by trying to accomplish this on your own. You turned your head slowly to face Newt and Minho.
"Oh, so you listen to him but not me? Rude!" Minho grumbled sarcastically.
"Shut it Min!" Newt said, jabbing Minho in the rib. "(Y/n), we just need to know what happened."
"It's Gally... I shucked up Newt."
"What happened?" Minho asked softly this time; seeing how distressed you were.
"Gally's my brother and I think he ran into the Maze."

"Y/n, don't worry, your just grasping at straws cause your scared love. We don't know where he is right now so let's not talk crazy." Newt said as he watched you pace back and forth.
"I can't find him anywhere!" You said but the two boys shook their heads.
"Gally's a shank, but not a shuck face. He isn't dumb enough to go in the Maze like that." Minho reassured you . At this point, Chuck was there too along with Alby.
"What the shuck happened." Alby asked and you looked at him with a fearful expression. You were okay with expressing your feeling to Newt, or Chuck or Gally, maybe even Minho. But Alby, he was as serious as it gets. You needed to be serious around him as he is for you.
"Me and Gally, we got in a fight and I think he went in the Maze." You said and Alby brushed it off. He looked at you sincerely but it only made you feel like they were treating like a child. He saw the look on your face and sighed heavily.
"(Y/n), Gally's a Keeper, he wouldn't do that. No one follows the rules better than Gally."
"Exactly." Minho said. "Nothing to worry about."
"Plus, if he were to go in, I'm sure one of the boys would have seen it." Newt then added and the others nodded. All except Chuck.
"Alby..." Chuck said.
"Not now Chuck. Cant you see we're busy?" Alby said, brushing the boy to the side.
"Yeah but it's important!" Chuck protested.
"Why don't you come over here and tell me then mate?" Newt said, taking Chuck by the shoulders and leading him away from the group. Chuck seemed to be annoyed by this, you guess that he doesn't like being treated like a kid as much as you didn't.
"What would make you think Gally would do that anyway?" Alby asked and you looked at Minho.
"Don't know why your looking at me, I don't know!" Of course he'd say that.
"Me and Gally got in a fight."
"About what?" Alby asked and you heaved a heavy sigh.
May as well tell him then.
"He's my brother." You finally said and Alby's mouth hung open for a moment, but he shut it quickly.
"You know this how?"
"The Changing."
"Of course it was. Well, I wouldn't think Gally would run into the Maze because of that..."
"I wouldn't be so sure." Newt said, walking up to the group with Chuck by his side.
"What do you mean?" Minho said and you just looked the blondie in the eyes.
"Chuckie here says he saw Gally run into the Maze."
"What?" Alby said enraged but also laced with worry. You went numb.
"Gally, I saw him. I saw the slinthead go in the Maze with my own eyes." Chuck told them and you would have collapsed if Minho hadn't been there to help you keep your balance.
Minho looked down at your distressed body. You had put the majority of your weight on the strong boy. Minho looked at the Maze entrance then back to you. He seemed to ponder on his next words, but they came flowing out of his mouth.
"I'll get him." He finally said.
"What?" Your head shot up to look at Minho but the boy was only looking at Alby.
"No, absolutely not. Gally knows the rules. He banished himself by going out there and now he belongs to the Maze. I'm sorry (y/n), but that's the way it is here." Alby said with sadness laced in every word.
"How could you say that?" You said enraged.
"I can't risk Minho's life as well, it's the rules."
"There is plenty of day left, I run that Maze almost every day, but the longer you make me sit here debating about it, the deeper he goes in that shucking Maze." Minho argued.
"Please." You begged, "that's my brother out there." Alby's face, that was stern but sad, changed and he seemed to be considering it.
"Newt?" Alby asked Newt seen as he was second in command and Alby valued his opinion. You looked into Newt's beautiful brown eyes. He stared at you as well as he thought about it. Gally was his friend, but so was Minho.
"Minho is right, he has plenty of time and Gally needs to be here. He is a Keeper." Alby paused and thought on his second-in-command's opinion.
"Four hours. That's all I am giving you." Alby said and Minho nodded. He already had his leather running uniform on so he was ready. Just as the Runner was about to go, you grabbed his arm, but no words came out of your mouth. You didn't have the words that could express your gratitude. On more than one occasion you heard how dangerous being a Runner was, and Minho was willing to go out there for Gally.
"I'll bring him back." Minho smiled at you and you nodded, letting him go. You watched as the boy ran into the Maze.