Part Sixteen: The Next Day

"(Y/N)!? (Y/N)!" Minho shouted, turning a corner to find you laying in a pool of slime, the Greiver laying on top of you. You pushed the ugly creature off of yourself only to find that you are drenched in its yellow goop.
   You tried wiping it away but it stained your clothes, got in your hair, and seeped into every known place imaginable. You shook some slime off of your hands and ripped Minho'a machete out of the dead Greiver. Then you turned to the boy who looked shocked and disgusted.
   "Wanna hug?" You asked with a sly smirk as you extended your arms out. As you did that, strings of slime extended out like wings, attached to your torso and arms. It dripped all over the floor.
   "Yeah, no thanks." He declined and you laughed to yourself. There was slime covering your face to the point where it looked like your skin was yellow.
   "You did this? You killed the Greiver?" Minho asked shocked but you shrugged.
   "Yeah, I did." You said, and then the stench hit your nose. "This is gross. And it smells."

   You and Minho carried Gally through the corridors of the empty Maze, right back to where you started. The Doors.
   "No one has ever done that before." Minho said as the two of you rested Gally against the wall. All you had to do now was wait for them to open and all of you would make it out safe and alive.
   "Done what?"
   "You know what." Minho sighed and you realised he was talking about the Greiver. You leant against the wall and slid down to the ground, hitting it with a sigh of relief. Throughout the night it was run, walk, hide. Now you could sit and relax.
   "How much trouble are we going to be in?" You ask and Minho made a sharp laugh at the comment, turning to look at you and you found that he was smiling.
   "Your the one whose screwed shuck face, not me." Minho said and you couldn't help but laugh even though he was right.

   You continued resting against the wall, thinking. Thinking about Gally, the Greivers, the Maze. About Newt. You wanted to see him, see his deep reassuring brown eyes. You wanted him. You just wanted him. To hear his beautiful British accent and listen to his soft laugh. You don't know why but you felt butterflies churning in your stomach just by the thought of him. You took those feelings and dug them deep down, not thinking too much about it.
   "He's fine." Minho finally said and you looked at him confused.
   "What?"
   "I said, he's fine." Minho responded and you knew he was talking about Newt, but you decided to play around with him.
   "Yeah, Gally's gonna be fine."
   "You know who I was talking about." Minho said and you laughed.
   "You think that he thinks that we're dead?" You asked and Minho scoffed.
   "That's a lot of thinking." He joked and you laughed slightly, resting your head against the wall. "What you did back there, sliding under that Greiver, it was something."
   "You saw that? I thought the walls closed before I did it."
   "I saw it the first time, you know, when you bit me. Anyway, I just, I've never seen someone do that before."
   "Probably cause no one lives to tell the tale." You commented and Minho laughed, acting taken aback.
   "I'm trying to compliment you!" The boy scoffed jokingly.
   "Well your doing a terrific job." You said sarcastically and smirked.
   "Your a smart ass, you know that?"
   "Hey, Minho, your hairs a mess." You teased.
   "Impossible." Minho said confidently.
   "You sure about that?"
   "Shut up." He said, putting his hands insecurely through his hair. You smiled, then looked down at Gally. He's gonna be fine. He has to be.

   A screeching sound filled the deep silence, a silence that you were enjoying and so was Minho seen as he was asleep. Then, the Doors began opening, gears turning and wheels screeching.
   You lightly tapped Minho on the shoulder to wake him. His eyes fluttered open to find you waving him over to help you with an unconscious Gally. Minho moaned as he got up, standing tall and stretching with a dramatic yawn.
   The two of you slung the boy over your shoulders and began walking towards the Doors. Even though Minho helped by supporting half of Gally's weight, he was still heavy for you. All you were hoping was that he was going to be okay.
   You walked forward with Minho and a sleeping Gally. When the Doors were open enough you could see Chuck there whom of which was yelling with joy. Zart was there too and he looked flabbergasted that the three of you were still alive, which made sense. It wasn't exactly a night you were going to forget, that's for sure.
   Alby came running up to you guys with another Glader. The two of them took Gally from you and Minho and it felt like a massive burden was taken off your shoulders. Alby just laughed when he saw you, covered head to toe with Greiver slime and some of your own blood.
   "I can't believe it." Was all he could say.
   "So I guess you saw a Greiver?" Chuck said and you smiled warmly.
   "You could say that." You responded and Chuck came in for a hug, even though you were absolutely disgusting. Minho gave you a look but didn't say anything. For some reason, you didn't feel the need to tell people that you killed a Greiver. Not yet anyway.
Then you saw him.
   "Looks like you and Minho went though some bloody adventure in there." Newt said and you ran up to him, holding him tightly while Minho followed after Alby.
   Newt didn't let you go but you didn't care. There was something about his embrace that made you feel safe. Newt eventually pulled away and looked at you seriously.
   "(Y/n), I was worried. What the bloody hell were you thinking?"
   "I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't." You said honestly.
   "Obviously." He responded flatly.
   "it was just my instincts." You said and you watched as Newt's seriousness depleted, being replaced with his signature soft smile.
   "Well love, as much as I want to hate your instincts, they saved two lives. And I am grateful of that." Newt said but there was something else he wanted to say. You could see it in his brown doe eyes.
   "Newt, spit it out. What else do you want to tell me?" You said and the boy looked at you seriously again.
   "Alby, he's having a gathering to see what to do with you." Newt told you and you furrowed your brows in confusion.
   "What to do with me? What's that supposed to mean?" You asked anxiously.
   "You broke one of our biggest rules."
   "Yeah but you said it yourself, I saved two lives! Minho could tell you himself, we wouldn't have made it out alive without me!"
   "And if it were up to me then there wouldn't be a gathering, but Alby is big on enforcing these rules, keeping them in balance. To keep order. You know that. If we don't follow the rules for you then who's to say what would happen if another glader decided to do the same thing?"
   "Alright, I respect that. I'll do it." You agreed willingly and Newt smiled. You liked his smile.
   "Let's move then."
   "Wait, but Gally—"
   "Is in the hands of the best Med jack in the Galde. Right now we need to deal with you." Newt said as he walked with you to the Homestead. "Oh, one more thing, don't speak unless spoken to, alright doll? Your only going to get yourself in more bloody trouble otherwise."
   "Got it. Keep my mouth shut." You said and Newt wrapped his arm around your shoulders as you continued to the Homestead.
   "Ata girl." He smiled and you smiled back but obviously the fear deep inside you was showing through your eyes.  "Don't worry doll, you'll be fine. I won't let anything happen to you." That for some reason made you feel better.
   When you made it to the Homestead, Newt lead you into a room that you hadn't been to. The moment you walked in, all the Keepers and a couple Gladers were sitting in a stand like thing with Alby and Minho standing up in the front.
   Gally must be at the med hut already.
   Everyone stared at you and it made you feel uncomfortable. You didn't know how to explain it.
   "There you two are. Now that (y/n) is here, the gathering can begin." Alby announced.