Fess Up

It was another day full of training. But today was going to be 4 on 4 with one exception.

You were put on team 3, which was the only team of 5. You would be fighting with Denki Kaminari, Ejiro Kirishima, Katsuki Bakugo, and Fumikage. It was a decent team, with plenty of strong quirks.

You were against team 1, which consisted of Toru Hagakure, Minoru Mineta, Yuga Aoyama, and Kouji Kouda. You were pretty sure your team was going to win, advantage, or not.

You and Fumikage were still hiding your relationship, and were acting as only friends even though you had been dating for months.

You walked over to your group. You didn't really expect anything other than a bit of strategizing, then goofing off until your fight.

"Oh wow; that's you're costume?" Kaminari asked. You nodded and grabbed your costume. You walked to the changing room with Ochako.

"So you're going against Aoyama, huh? You guys have like, the same quirk." Ochako asked.

"Yep, honestly, I don't think it's much of a fair fight." You responded.

"Your team is so strong! I have to work with Sato. Not that that's bad or anything,  just... ya know..."

You laughed as you walked into the changing room.

You made your way to your group. You saw Fumikage look over at you for a second, then go back to playing it cool.

"Hey, L/n! Ready to... shine bright?" Kirishima joked. You laughed, a bit out of pity, but also because it was kind of clever.

"Wow, we look like some sort of night entourage." Kaminari laughed.

"That should be our team name!" Kirishima cheered.

"Will you damn extras shut up?" Bakugo growled.

You rolled your eyes and said, "You're calling us 'extras' while you haven't said a thing?"

"Yeah, well neither has Birdbrain over there." He yelled.

"At least he can say more than 5 things." You yelled back.

"Sugoi..." Fumikage whispered.

Your hands were starting to glow red.

"At least I'm not a quirk stealer! You're just a glorified sparkly extra!" He screamed in your face. (You assumed he meant Aoyama.)

"Well at least I have some regard for other people's lives." You said in a calm and somewhat joyful tone. Bakugo started sputtering things you couldn't decipher.

"Ooh, Bakubro!" Kirishima sang.

"Never expected that from you, Hotstuff." Kaminari laughed. Your smug smile faded and you glared at him from behind your sunglasses. You look toward your boyfriend.

"What did you just call her?" He said in a serious tone, more serious than you'd ever heard him use before.

"I was just saying she's hot. Got a problem with that?" Kaminari responded in a bit of a smug way. "Ya got a thing for her or something?" He laughed.

Fumikage looked at you. You looked absolutely petrified. 

"N-no. I just-"

"Just what?" Kaminari taunted.

You had to think of a way to subvert Denki's attention and fast. You looked around to see what team was up next. It was yours.

Fumikage was obviously struggling with down playing the situation. This was your chance.

"We're up next!" You blurted quite loudly. Everyone looked at you like you were insane. (To be fair, you had just broken up two intense predicaments.)

"Oh yeah." Kirishima agreed. It seemed like you had saved that pretty well, but you were sure Denki still had his suspicions.