Julia - 1

The handsome man in a suit opened his eyes. The previous furious expression morphing into a playful one.

"Wait. I changed my mind. I'll take Ethan with me. But we don't divorce." As expected, the woman's calm façade broke, "NO! You-"

"Unless you agree to give me back all the benefits and resources you got from me all these years." William cut in.

Her mouth opened and closed, before opening again and finally snapping shut. She definitely couldn't afford that much amount for now. Further, she couldn't even argue about having his baby, since he already compensated her. And she would be a malicious pig of a woman if she still wanted him to fund her without returning any benefits.

Ignoring the playful look on the usually stone-cold face, she grimly spoke, "How long are we dragging this out for?"

William held up his index finger. "One year. You are free to go your way after a year. This is the settling period for Ethan. He'll be seeing less of you and more of me. We should be flexible during this period." He waited for a reaction. Seeing none, he continued, "I will be posting his pictures on Instagram. Consider it my way of letting you know how he's doing, since you don't want me contacting you again."

She nodded, it sounded convincing. She stood up stretching forth her hand. William chuckled, standing up. They shook hands. "Happy cooperation." William smirked, slightly tightening his hold on the woman's small soft hand.

Roughly pulling her hand out of his grasp, she turned to walk away. Her long model-like legs adorned by the skin-tight ripped jeans, her hips swaying, her waist length black hair... everything seemed to have a direct effect on his libido. William was surprised. The control this dangerous woman had over his current body was scary.

"Oh, and Julia?" The woman, already at the door, turned questioningly. Locking eyes with her, William pleaded, "Promise me you'll let me know if you ever need help?" the smile on his face was sad.

Julia was dumbstruck. She stiffly nodded her head and quickly left, slamming the door accidentally. She sat inside her car, finally letting all the emotions flow out. First came shock, her eyes widening comically, 'When did that ice berg learn Instagram?'

Next came confusion, she was rendered speechless when he asked her to contact him if she ever needed help. A caring William Dark was an unknown William Dark. The two years she spent with him, Julia had never seen William crack a smile. And suddenly that low chuckle popped into her mind. She felt conflicted.

She didn't want to admit, but deep down, Julia knew that when William tightened his hold on her hand and when he looked down on her small figure, her heartbeat had unceremoniously shot up.

Back in the office, William Dark leaned back into his luxurious seat, relieved.

Julia Black, a top-tiered actress. Married off to the business tycoon William Dark just so her family could avoid bankruptcy. Forced to carry his child right when her career had just started. Moreover, her heart was already set on a colleague.