Julia - 2

The next day, Julia went about her business. The agency she worked with, Ralph Labels, was buzzing with gossip. Apparently, the Dark Corps CEO's post last night made it into the headlines. 

Wherever she went, all she heard was how charming Mr. Dark's son was, and theories on who his mysterious mother was. She was angered to death when one of her colleagues suggested that maybe the CEO had a one night stand, resulting the birth of Ethan. The mother, obviously, took her compensation charges and fled. 

The theory hit a nerve since it was kind of close to the truth. But she would be damned if she admitted that to herself. She was a dignified woman! And she would never admit to lowly acts such as one night stands.

"You guys continue,  I'll head back now" she smiled and grabbed her lunch plate, dumping it unceremoniously in the trash and heading back to her agent's office.

"Ding-dong! Your favorability dropped by 3%, now you are dangling by a mere 2% host." the voice startled William.

***

That night at exact 8 pm, her phone pinged with a notification. William Dark posted a picture.

Hurriedly logging into her incog account, Julia gasped at the picture before her.

It was a mirror shot again. But this time, the location was the silver themed bathroom counter she knew so well. Both father and son stood before the mirror in nothing but towels wrapped around their waists. Ethan sat on the grey counter, looking as cute as ever, black hair dripping with water droplets. 

But Ethan wasn't what caught her attention. It was precisely William's eight packs. Julia subconsciously gulped even though her throat felt parched. The water droplets scattered across his chest seemed to flow down deliciously even in the static picture. Although his face wasn't visible just like in the first post, the appeal was top-notch. The broad chest, combined with the razor-sharp jawline barely visible in the post could make anybody get lost in sensual imaginations. And it was no different for Julia.

She sat there, mouth open, eyes dazed, reminiscing of that night four years ago. Julia had to admit that William was a piece of art among men. Rich, handsome, strong and immaculate bed-skills to boot. He would have been the perfect husband if not for his Arctic temperament. 

And that night was proof. Her family had actually dared to drug him on their wedding reception. Furious, William had taken out his anger on her poor body. Later, they had a yelling match. When the misunderstanding was cleared, William apologized quietly for being an asshole and raping her. He even generously compensated her.

Julia did not report him to the cops only because she was a celebrity and couldn't afford scandals back then. But much to her chagrin, and her family's delight, William managed to knock her up the one time they did it. She never considered abortion. But when William actually came begging her on his knees. Begging her not to abort, she felt a sense of justice swirl inside her. "Of course, I wouldn't. It's not the baby's fault that his father is a jerk," she had spat in his face and left.

Thinking back to those days, Julia realized how much William had actually helped her, even when she was being so rude to him. Her compensation to the agency for being MIA for a year, her pregnancy, the delivery and post-delivery care. Everything had been so luxurious and stress-free. Julia was sure that if it were up to her greedy family, her aftercare would have been so much worse. 

Slowly a guilty and grateful emotion took root in her heart towards William. 'I owe an apology to William. He's done a lot for me even though he didn't have to.'

"Dum-di-di--di-di-dum-dum! Favorability rose to 50%! Host keep up the good work although I don't see you doing any except posting pictures! Julia feels conflicted now!"

William's brow rose. 'A shirtless picture rose my favorability by forty eight percent? Should I send her a dick-pic? She would be on her knees for me then!' The system worriedly replied, "I think that would be going overboard. Let's drop that idea for now."

'Won't that accelerate the plot? I would have saved her and also have her beneath me! It's a win-win y'know'

"Ugh. This is exactly why you were single for twenty-five years, host."

***

William returned home. Throwing his coat onto the couch, he walked into the three bedroom  luxury apartment. "DADDY!!!" a small figure ran into William's outstretched arms. William picked the three-year-old up and coddled him. "Hey bub, what's going on?"

"I wanna meet mom." 

Ethan knew about the divorce. According to the original plot, Ethan was a highly perceptive child. He knew his parents were about to be separated. He did his best to bring them together, but couldn't succeed against William's ego. When they learnt of Julia's death, Ethan was a key reason for William's downfall. He blamed his father for not taking care of his mom. This just led the already depressed William to fall a little bit more into depression. 

William made a show of thinking while he sat on the couch and placed Ethan before him, then replied, "Hmm... Okay. We'll meet her. But it's not time yet. She doesn't like us enough to stay with us right now. That's why I am posting your pictures on Instagram. We have to tempt her back to us. You gonna cooperate with me, right?" William grinned at the boy.

Ethan blinked at his dad, then a malicious grin that matched the one on his father's face revealed itself on his face.

'I was right. This kid is just as  corrupted as me. Hehehe, he's hiding it well.'

The system wanted to tell him that the kid was merely copying his expression. But it was left speechless by Ethan's next words. "Once she's stuck in our trap, make sure never to let her escape, alright? Or else I'll tell her all about your porn collections."

The system was screaming inside William's head. "Is--is that kid three-years old?! WHat- what have you done to him?! You bastard, you influenced him! Jesus! A three-year-old talking about his dad's porn stash. What has the world come to?"

William smiled icily at Ethan, "We will see about that, son. Did you do what I asked you to?"

"Yes! I facetimed mom today. She was super happy to talk to me! It's the first time I've seen her smile at me." William titled his head, "What do you mean first time. Don't exaggerate, kid"

This time, Ethan threw him a filthy look, "Blame it on your features on my face. I once heard her say that I look exactly like you and that it spooks her. Seriously dad, you had one thing to do." Ethan said, and left like a king, leaving his dad flabbergasted. 

"Jesus! Where did that poisonous tongue come from?"