Julia - 10

'System. Are my points still stuck at 80?'

"No host. I thought I told you they are at 92?"

'No you didn't.'

"Oops! My bad, host."

'Seriously bitch-system, how do you forget crucial data like that? You never forget your annoying side comments.'

"It happens, host. Forgive me this one time. I'll be more efficient from now on!" System huffed, sincerely. The system never jokes when it comes to matters related to its efficiency, I observed before turning back to Julia.

"How have the cast from Chromancy been treating you?"

"Wonderful, actually. Did you do something in the sidelines?"

I nonchalantly shrugged, "Yeah, maybe investing a bit here and there...  "

Julia gasped, "Oh, my god. Don't tell me that sudden investment of half a billion was you!" She sat up straight, excitedly telling me how much it impacted their studio.

"You don't know how much that investment brought us up! After that slight block, the whole set was downcast and people would throw me dirty glances left and right. But after that one investment," she breathed deeply, "Literally everyone was looking at me like I was some sort of Mother Mary! We even got better lunch, refreshments! Even the quality of lighting and sound improved..."

I smiled, secretly admiring her jubilant, glowing face as she babbled on and on. Finally, she relaxed, her face red with exertion. Noticing my gaze on her, she coyly smiled at me, "You know you didn't have to do that, right?"

"As a matter of fact, I did have to do that." I insisted. "Which shameful husband would not invest in the film his wife was acting in?" Then, remembering a small detail, I frowned, "Chromancy has a kissing scene, right?"

Julia nodded, before replying, "Yes. Normally, the directors would have a standin for the kissing scenes for me. They always complain that I am not portraying the right emotions, and that it was so obvious I never kissed anybody." Her face was so red as she spoke.

But her next words were like a bucket of cold water poured over me, "But I feel confident that I can nail any kissing scenes" she even pumped her fists in determination. "Since that night at the banquet, I feel confident that I definitely can comprehend the emotions involved in a kissing scene." Her smile was genuine and it didn't look like she was provoking me on purpose.

'Tch tch tch... She's poking the sleeping tiger, system. Am I allowed to get downright dirty?'

"Host! Hold it in, hold it in! We don't want your points to fall back down—"

'Nah, system. You don't understand the language of adults. I can guarantee you that after I'm done playing, the points would be a complete hundred.'

"Uhh... If you say so, host. The stage is yours. Please don't mess it up."

I stood up and walked over to Julia's side. She shut up about the damn kissing scenes and looked up at me questioningly. I took her hand from the table and yanked her to her feet.

Lightly squealing, she fell into my arms and I held her tight to me. Slightly bending over her, I whispered  into her ear, "It's funny how oblivious you are, Julia. Here you are, talking about yourself kissing other men right in front of your husband. This is the second time you are provoking me like this. Tell me how I should punish you."

"I—"

"Shh... It was a rhetorical question. I'll figure it by myself. On a sidenote, would you like to move here?" I felt her stiffen and I  could imagine how wrong that sounded to an independent woman like Julia. So I quickly improvised, "It would be just us, you and me. Day and night." I blew at her ear, implying the dark promises I offered.