Julia - 5

I fixed my tie in the mirror, doing my best to look presentable. The formal attire was a tad bit uncomfortable, but it served its purpose. It made me look sexy, 'eatable hopefully'.

And sexy was exactly what I was aiming for tonight. Tonight's banquet would decide some major settings in this game.

In the original plot William did not attend this banquet in the first place. Subsequently, he couldn't come to Julia's aid when the female lead picked up a fight with her on the slimy pretext of wearing the same color. Julia, sharp as ever, did not hold back from putting her in her place.

But it came with the price of giving up a lot of resources and connections. This was also the time when the male lead starts to look at Julia like a disturbance. How cheesy. The moment a tear fell down Mia Scot's cheek, Julia was tagged as a heartless bitch. Tonight's show down would result in Julia losing many of her roles in films and reality shows.

'Buuutttt.... The game's changed a bit! I'm here to take care of my woman. Whether she likes it or not, I'll be her backer tonight. This is the first time I'll be meeting the so-called leads. And although I'm excited to see so many women, my heart only beats for one.'

The system was taken aback. Although this host wasn't here for that long, he had integrated with William's character too well. And the conviction in his voice raised alarm bells in the system's circuit.

"Host. Don't tell me you already like... like her."

'What's there to not like when you have a beautiful and feisty wife? I'm in love with this life. Although being the last boss is fun, there are stuff that I need to be wary of. And I have a feeling that tonight's gonna be a game changer.'

'By the way, you stopped updating me with the points.'

"That's because target's feelings for you have stabled at 80%. Unaware, but in love with you. I suggest you give her a little push tonight, bring the bar higher. Maybe then she would see the difference between a man who wants her and who doesn't."

'What about her feelings for that brat? How much did he score?'

"150% She's ready to sacrifice herself for her son. She already plans to request you to let her take Ethan back. Honestly, I find it ironic. The one who's doing all the work gets so little. But the one enjoying life gets so much more. That kid has a lucky life."

I chuckled at my reflection, "You don't say. I deserve so much more than that brat for just changing his diapers... But he's kinda cute..." I spoke out loud.

"Thanks for the compliment, dad. But your habit of speaking alone is worrying me." 

'Jesus Christ! This boy doesn't know the meaning of privacy, does he?'

I reset my startled emotions and turned to the brat, already knowing what he was here for. "You are most welcome! And just in case you were wondering. No. I'm not taking you to the banquet. It's your mom and dad's first proper date."