Jennie - 3

Once class ended, Wilson stood up, making his way out of the damned classroom, his OOC-pass walking right behind him. From the front of the classroom, Miss Panicker called out to them.

"Ryder, Sylvester, a quick word if you guys don't mind."

At the teacher's desk, Miss Panicker handed both the students a slip of note each. It contained their respective contribution to the class average. Wilson frowned when he realized that he brought the whole class back by 5 points. Craning his neck over Jennie's shoulder, Wilson quickly peeked. A contribution of positive five.

A slow smirk spread out on Wilson's face. It didn't go unnoticed by Miss Panicker. She pushed her glasses up, "Before you can make up some cheesy Gen-z pickup line, let me tell you: this is not something to be proud of."

She turned to Wilson, "I know your interests are in finance. But hold on until this year. Once in college, you can have your pick of the majors. But if you can't do at least moderately well in high school, you might not be accepted there either."

'But money can solve anything–'

"And money won't give you a free pass into college. College professors won't give a shit how many bucks you have to offer." She assessed Wilson, "And your substandard marks are sure to land you a substandard college only. So I suggest you pick up your pace, Ryder. I know you have potential."

Then Miss Panicker turned to Jennie, smirk back on, "And you, Miss Sylvester. Your knight has chosen you. Can I trust you with this tremendous responsibility?"

Blushing, Jennie nodded before firmly replying, "Yes ma'am. I'll do my best."

***

In the cafeteria, Wilson got a plate of huge hamburger with fries to his usual seat beside Jennie. He shook his head when he saw her eating salad.

"Girls these days don't understand that us men want something to grab on. Eating like a bird isn't going to help with that..."

"Wh-what?! What did you say?" Jennie choked on a lettuce.

"Oh, did I speak out loud? My bad." Wilson's tone was nonchalant, but his fire-engine red ears let Jennie know that she wasn't the only flustered one here.

***

'Damnit. I need to control my words around Jennie. It wasn't a problem back in my first mission since Ethan was chill with it. But I can't seem to zip it when I'm around her...'

"Host, I suggest you try–"

Wilson cut the voice off by splashing his face with a handful of cold water.

'No. Thank you. I'm not planning on celibating myself just so your OOC analyzer can get off of it. At least I got the blushing under control...' He looked into the mirror, studying his self. Wilson leaned over the counter, palming his face.

"Host... Can you stop imagining her naked? My camera lens is burning up!" The system begged him.

Smirking, Wilson asked, "What else do you expect me to think of when the girl's just a wall away, naked and bathing in my shower?"

Yes, Wilson had managed to get Jennie to come over on the pretence of the tutoring. And thankfully, without raising any major suspicions since the previous host was a self-obsessed, germaphobe of a jerk who never invited his own family into his apartment. And Jennie knew of this.

When he walked out of his bathroom, Jennie's phone was ringing on the coffee table. Running a cursory glance towards the guest room, he picked up the phone.