Julia - 7

As expected of the brother of the official female lead, the next day, I found a red envelope on my desk the following morning. It had the signature seal of the ScotCorps.

I sat before ripping the envelope and unfolding the letter inside. As I read through it, another plan formed in my head. Laughing to myself, I called for Clark.

"Good morning, Mr. Dark! How may I help you?"

"Get me the list of all the brand ambassadors for DarkCorps."

My efficient assistant had the list on my table in five mere minutes. Going through the list, I found a rather familiar name on the main ambassador position.

'Oh? What a coincidence?'

"Clark. Send the contract-termination documents to the main brand ambassador of DarkCorps. We can send over the contract violation fees once they sign it."

"Alright, Sir."

"And while you are at it, send an agreement contract to Ralph Labels. I want their best female artist to advocate our services." I smiled.

***

Over at Julia's agency, everything was in chaos. All the variety shows, interviews and auditioning agencies were calling in to let them know that any kind of work related to Julia Hart had been cancelled. In mild terms, Julia had been rejected. 

Julia's manager pulled her hair in frustration, "Tell me the truth, Julia. Who have you offended? By the looks of it, it's almost a block, but not. The person is crushing you but letting you have an escapeway."

Julia frowned, "Umm... I don't remember offending anybody dangerous. Nobody except Mia Scot. She was being a real bitch last night." Julia scowled, 'I get mad just remembering how Mia tried to almost brainwash my William'. Her eyes slightly widened. 'My William... How natural that sounded...'

When she turned to look at her manager, she saw her manager's face pale. She flicked her forehead, "You idiot! Do you know who her backer is?" Upon seeing Julia's oblivious expression, her manager grit her teeth. "She is the only sister of Tony Scot. The CEO of ScotCorps. Ever heard of them?" This time Julia's eyes almost popped off their sockets. 

"You mean that brat is Tony's little sister Mia Scot?" 

The manager frowned at the familiarity in Julia's tone, "What do you mean Tony? You know him?" Julia nodded, "He was my classmate long time ago."

Before they could talk more, the director walked in. "Julia," he regarded her warily. Julia could sense something wrong just by listening to his tone. "Most of the television channels have rejected your auditions, including 'Chromancy'"

Julia was shocked. She didn't expect Chromancy to give up on her. The directors were singing praises on how similar to the main character she was after the auditions. Moreover, Julia had actually liked the story of the movie.

"What did you personally come here for, Director?" Julia asked, sharply. If the big boss had to personally make a detour to her cabin, then the matter was much worse than losing a film.

"Whoever you have offended this time wants you gone from the industry." 

Julia gasped. This was definitely worse. Worse than hell. For a career-driven woman like Julia to hear that her job was going to be snatched from her, it would have  negative impact. To make matters worse, she had a vague idea why the Director was here himself. 

'An A-tier actress who shone for a brief period and then disappeared. People will talk for a while, and then forget. Who would really care what happened? But... But I wanted to stay here for a bit longer... I wanted to act a bit more... Is it really too much to ask for?' Julia sat there, downtrodden. She felt that life had shown her a ray of sunshine before completely encasing her in darkness. She didn't notice how the director's phone rang and he took a call. How he hastily spoke and agreed to an agreement of sorts.