Julia - 4

"Sir. I submitted the provincial partnership file last week. Should I schedule a meeting with Mr. Tony?"

I watched the assistant's face for a few seconds, observing it for traces of guilt. Looks like he's a veteran in this field. There wasn't a slight fluctuation in his countenance. He'd have been perfect if not for the shaky left knee. What a shame.

"Mr. Clark. How long have you been working for Dark Corps?" I twirled the pen around my fingers.

His face grew pale. Great. Another pussy who couldn't see through with his own plans.

"Thirteen years, sir." He answered doubt clouding his features.

"Thirteen years? Hmm... What about your cooperation with Mr. Tony? How long has it been?"

"E-excuse me, sir? I-i have been loyal to -"

"Oh cut the crap, Clark. We both know what has been going on here," my hand came hard on the file, the bang echoing across the soundproof office.

"S-sir, I..." He stuttered, before collecting himself, "Alright. I've been working with Mr. Tony for the past three years," then added quickly, "but I swear to God I've never done anything detrimental to Dark Corps!"

I leaned back into my chair, fingertips joined, as I gave him the final blow, "Guess Mr. Tony might dispose you off, now that I have personally rejected their offer." I grinned, watching Clark's face become deathly pale, satisfaction welling inside me.

'Karma gives no mercy to the turncoat'

"Karma gives no booty to the lecher, host" the system chimed in the background, which I duly ignored. It's of no use talking sense to something that doesn't have sense in the first place.

The next day, Clark was fired from his position. For the following three days, I did not take in an assistant. Work was a bitch, but I was waiting for something to happen. And it happened the third day.

Clark barged into my office. I'd question how he escaped my security but the villain in me was too excited to care. Clark looked positively disheveled, his hair awry, eyes bloodshot and lips quivering. "Back to our roots, are we?" I smirked, crossing my legs and raising them onto the desk.

'Oh, how fun it is to play the final boss! The one who gets the most heroic lines!'

"Only you would consider something like this heroic, host--"

"Sir! I am sorry! Please! Please help me! They took away my daughter! She's only as old as Ethan! Sir, I'm ready to do anything! But please help me find her!!!" Clark was in hysterics. My brows rose.

'I hadn't expected Tony Cockalorum to be so desperate for this collab. What? Is he facing bankruptcy or something?'

My unasked question was answered by Clark, "The ScotCorps are on the verge of bankruptcy. Somebody has been buying out their shares and now their company is basically a shell." I grinned at that. 'Three guesses who's buying them out.'  

"Mr. Scot is determined to collaborate with you and only you. He bribed me for the last three years to forge a connection between you two. But you never minded him. Now they are desperate for your help. But sir, my daughter's innocent! Please save her! I can do anything for you. But please save her! She's my only family..."

I nodded, compassionately, "Alright. Leave it to me. You go ahead and start with the files piled on your desk." I nonchalantly waved him away. Yup, I'm such a humble and kind figure.

"Host, I can literally see your ego skyrocketing. Hold it back a bit."

'Oh shut up, ye good-for-nothing ai!'

"On a serious note, don't you feel this is too sketchy?"

I pursed my lips, something's definitely fishy, but let's play along. It's not like a bankrupt company can faze me...

***

'Right now I am sitting before the board members of ScotCorps headed by Tony Scot. My now 100% loyal assistant stands behind me. As expected, his daughter was returned safe and sound the moment I accepted to attend the board meet. I like to think of my assistant as my armour that takes care of backstabbing bitches, y'know, with all his adoring gazes at me now and then. I grimace, as a straight man, I find it a tad disgusting.'

He mused about random stuff until Tony ends his soliloqy. "Mr. Dark. We hope you consider this Collab seriously."

In the original plot, Dark and ScotCorps were already in a taut collaborationby now. The Dark Corps had yanked ScotCorps back to its feet, just like it did for Julia's family back then.

But later Tony Scot became wary of William when he learnt who William's ex-wife was. That's because, Tony had a hand in making Julia's family go bankrupt four years ago, solely to push aside the budding star Julia and pave way for his younger sister, Mia Scot. The plots very own beloved female lead. This wariness had led him to scheme and bring William Dark down, falsely accusing him of charges. In the end, William ended in the jail and Ethan in foster care.

But currently, nobody knows of Julia's identity. The only proof of William's marital status being the wedding band on his ring finger. And the forever sadistic and perverse soul residing in William decided that he was bringing ScotCorps down by hook or by crook.

'Nobody messes with my person and gets away with it.'

So smiling brightly, William spoke, "I've considered the proposal Mr. Scot. I'm impressed you would like to branch out towards the entertainment industry. And I must say, you have been very dedicated to bring here." His smile was chilling. All the board members shivered except Tony.

Tony laughed lightly, "Hahaha... It's just some petty tricks here and there, Mr. Dark. Hope you can forgive us for that. After all, DarkCorps is the only corporation that's worthy of collaborating with us."

William wanted to beat that conceited smile off his face, but he restrained to cursing in his mind.

'Fucking conceited pig. System. I'm bringing this bitch down.'

Outwardly, William smiled politely and stood up, "Of course. My assistant will come over some other time to discuss the finer details of the terms and regulations that come with collaborating with us at DarkCorps." William sinisterly smiled. Tony Scot escorted William back to his car.

"Mr. Dark. You have been on the news a lot recently. Are you and Ethan's mother divorced?"

William's brows rose, "Oh? Why the interest? Rest assured me and my wife are on very good terms."

Tony Scot smiled embarrassed, "Uh, no. It's just that my sister seemed to fancy you a lot. All she talks about all day are your Instagram posts. So... I wondered if we could, you know, solidify our collaboration through an engagement?"

'System. Does this guy have some screws missing? Did her just ignore what I said about having a wife? What kind of brother is he? Why is he matching up his sister with a married man? Jeez...'

"Host you might not know, but in the eyes of the public, currently you are the most eligible bachelor. Although your status of bachelor is dubious, people often tend to overlook stuff they don't want to see."

'Oh... So that's how it is...'

William stayed silent and entered his car, shutting the door in Tony's face.

'I am rather flattered at the thought of women liking me. But I know I would only entertain a single woman my whole life.

"Host..." The system sobbed, "You are such a respectable man towards your wi--"

"Unless I struck lucky and she lets me inject a baby girl into her... Then I would have two women I entertain in this life. We can give up that brat to a nanny or something."

"... Nevermind. My circuit had temporarily overheated to make me think of you as 'respectable'".