Chapter-2

Same day but Issac's POV:

It breaks my heart seeing my pack shattered like this, but I refuse to let emotions take over.
Every member is working day and night, pushing hard. It is getting worse yet with pack members losing control over their dead mates.

I slide my chair back to take a proper look at the link charts on screen that we have been working on. Now if I link this incident to barkhra-rogues it doesn't make any sense!
Every time I end upon the same conclusion; a new piece has been added to this game that hasn't caught our attention yet. Who!

Everyone is looking up to me for I will be their next alpha. Letting out pack look vulnerable is not even an option. There has been enough blood shed, we cannot afford another war. Pouring myself a glass of bourbon, I gulp it all at once. This does nothing to calm my fury.

It is unfeasible for me to focus on this scatter of paper when my mind keeps going back to that night when I passed the execution order of a fellow member who lost control over the news of his mate's death, he almost killed their daughter. He was a proud warrior. Fuck! I run my fingers through my unruly hair and make my way to ground floor, the meeting hall. Father has announced a meeting at 2.
This mess that is my office, I call it organised mess.

My mind plays yet another memory of when I was five he snuck me into training grounds to see warriors training, "scrutinise the extent of strength a fully grown warrior can possess," he told me, "you are going to lead our pack one day little one," his words keep replaying.  I wish I could do something to bring his human side back, but once you turn a beast there is no coming back.

Reaching downstairs I saw Ryker Rosewood, my beta. He is passing his time with pups, hah.
"Still haven't found no spunk," I call him out, doing our hand shake we start walking towards the hallway.

"You are one to talk," he gives me a shoulder bump catching up with my pace.

"I am going to the meeting hall as you can see." I gesture towards the spooky looking hallway which is cleared out because of the meeting that is about to fry our brains. Only officials allowed.

"You are saying you would not have waited?" He pulls me down wrapping his arm around my neck.

"Yes that."

"Pwak pak pak pakak...," he starts mimicking chicken, filling the hallway with the echoes of our laughter.

"How was your stroll around the park?"

"Well paid," he mouths before opening the door to meeting room.

"Chances of crescent pack withdrawing the alliance last minute were very slim but were still there, betting it on fate was your mistake."
General Hayden yells at one of the elders but no one interrupts him because everyone agrees on this.

"Even then our relation were better than them betraying us just when the enemies were benefiting the most..." it is going to take elder Oliver rest of his life to complete his quavering sentence.

"Unless, there is someone stronger controlling the reins. Someone who is believed to be so," I say. "Apologies for my intrusion but after all this time we should be moving on to a new objective that will provide solutions. We have mourned their betrayal longer than it is necessary."

"Today I personally went to Vincent-Parks and finished our last trade with barkhra-rogues, it was just a diversion though. Our informant provided us with an important lead which concerned that pub. This visit just confirmed our doubts," Ryker says nodding at me.

Dad trash his pen into the holder rather loudly, catching everyone's attention or in a way diverting their attention away from us. He believes we have a traitor among us.