Chapter 3

This morning I wake up with air full of uneasiness surrounding me like hot and heavy. My stomach is forming into knots thinking about last night. The idea of getting up is just too much but the sun is up and I have to follow.
"I don't want to, this isn't fair!" Tucking the corners of my bed I'm taking my sweet time to simmer down my growing anxiety. "Nothing has changed, it is just... just Zack."

I step into the shower the images of last night replaying, "fuck!" Would I do it all over again? "I want to. Nope. This isn't right. Us, argh!" By the end of shower my thoughts have somehow simmered down, "a silent brain feels good." Each drop of hot water took away some anxiety with it, pooling around and off my feet.

Wrapping my comfy towel, I walk into my closet, "what should we wear today?"

I end up wearing bold red cotton shorts and creamy off shoulder lace top. Since I have decided to go bold today I curl my hair outwards, a little tighter than my usual wavy hair and applying raspberry gloss I nod in approval at my appearance in the mirror. A girl should dress stunning for herself once in a while.

Last night meant nothing it has changed nothing, chanting this mantra I run into mom, "watch out I'm wearing boots."  She gives me ah-kids smile, "eat your breakfast before you leave." she says loudly over the door before closing it. She is leaving for pack house already, all dressed up in formals? Weird. What was that rush about? Never mind, I'll ask her later.

Soon after she left, Isaac pulls over in the drive way and soon enough he starts yanking the horn.

"I am coming out now." I yell back.

Grabbing the doorknob I tell my self for the last time, nothing has changed. I did change into my nikes though.

I guess it was only the walls of my room that were weighing down on me because as soon as I step outside a huge smile found its way upto my face. Walk from the front door to side walk seems like a long uncomfortable runway.

"Let me open the door for you." he leans over the divider to reach passenger door, flexing his muscles.

"No I can open it for myself like any other day."

"Okay so this is how it is huh?" He laughs resting his head back.

"How is what?" I put on the seat belt.

"Just that you look hot all dolled up for me," he says eyeing me down.

"Excuse you. I could tease you too you know," he is looking as dashing as ever with his curly brown hair perfectly done and his perfect smile which is so contagious, "but you know being the wifer person I am..." what the heck! And I know I fucked up because Issac is laughing his ass off. "I meant wise."

"Yes babe you meant that."

"Don't babe me," I stop his hand from patting my head.

"Put up the roof top for me please?"

Pressing the button on his car keys he ruffles my hair again, "we would not want these curls to mess up now, do we?"

"No because you are doing it for me!" I grab his arm and push him away again but this time he pulls mine close to his face and places his lips softly over my ring finger.

He is giving me butterflies. Everything is happening in slow motion or maybe it seems that way because the top of his mercedes convertible is closing too slow.

"Just the two of us." He hands me his phone, his other hand is on the steering and he pulls out of the drive way.

What? I am startled and staring at his phone confused.