Chapter 7

He pressed just the nerve. I know he is not fond of our friendship but...
"What the fuck! It is not like I went out with him for the first time! Why did you decide on acting like a dis functional lunatic today only?" I push him but he does not budge, "I smell like him because I was with him, no shit!" I try again to get past him but he is completely blocking the stairway. "Great!" I throw my arms in air in total exasperation.

"Why yes! Because you were with him!"

"What has gotten into you? Mom tell him to step aside."

"I won't until you confess to everything."

Everything? Does he know about today!

"Yes. That look on her face. Look mother, I was telling you the truth."

"What truth?"

"But you won't listen, nooo...!"
Ryker is being a jerk. He leaves the stairway taking mocking steps around mom and living room.

"What truth?"

"Tell her princess, what were you up to this evening."

What does he want from all this tantrum he is throwing? "Since when do you care about what I do?"

"Since you started fucking my friend!" He growls.

"Ryker, you will not talk to your sister that way!"

"Who by the way, is not her mate! What do you call it? Hormones out of control? Least you should have done a better job at hiding it. A parking lot? What? At loss of words? You were at least not short of audience. Goddess! She is not even denying the accusations mother. Were you ever planing on telling us the big news? Or should we have all received a surprise when he finds his mate and dumps you openly? Do you realise how father would have reacted seeing his precious daughter disposed off? This will cause a rift with our future alpha, putting our family in jeopardy."

This isn't true. I will never talk to Ryker, ever. He is making things up, pushing his agenda onto me.

"Hanh?" He fumes.

"Let Ivory speak for herself," mom reasons.

My brain is about to explode. I don't know if I should tell them they don't need to worry about his mate part. Family in jeopardy?

"Say that you will stop seeing him," he demands.

I look up. Mom is looking at me with expectations clear on her face. Does she wants the same?

Stop seeing him? Tbh I can't imagine my life without him, it would be, plain... "I can't," I whisper my thought.

"The first complete sentence Princess forms is She can not do." A sharp sound of glass shattering unglue my eyes from the ground and met Ryker's. Complete dread seeps inside me.

"For now!" I yell to make my voice audible over his. Hopefully this make my statement acceptable.

"For now huh!" He says his words masked under his fuming breaths, "do you think you are playing with a wooden doll? He is alpha wolf of midnight creaks! An alpha! Is your head not working?" He yells. "You think one day you will walk over to him say you don't feel like doing him anymore and he will wish you good future?"

I don't know what made me think this would make them shut up, I am regretting it. I never thought about it this way. Till now I was only worried about if our friendship will last for life.  "He will not, not let me go." I say more to myself.

"Sweetie, my sweet child, you don't love him do you?" Mom walks over to me, rubbing my arms, she asks, more like requests me to say no.

And that is what I say, "no! He is not my mate I know that, you don't have to worry about it. We will walk our separate ways once I find my mate, we have talked about it," I say assuring her. I have to discuss this with him.