Chapter 5

"Why are you being a prude?" He asks turning the wheels to left instead of our usual right.

"Are we still going?" Honestly I do not have it in me to oppose, also I want to go, it is just that I have to put up this front so he does not act recklessly like this as often.

"Why would I cancel our date over that?" He asks in disbelief. "Can you hear it beeping?"

"And I'm ignoring it like you ignored me earlier."

"I CHOSE PEACE, why do you think I did that?"

"Yeah you chose peace... violently!"

"Ivy, baby please put on the seatbelt."

Can't he just ignore the beeps, how far are we anyways? I pull the belt and connect it then disconnect it, connect, disconnect, conn... "woah!"
He hit the break so fast pulling the car to side I almost fall forward but belt is connected.
"Got you," I say, giving my mischievous smile.

"It is not like you haven't seen me fight before, what makes this one different?"

What makes it different? "I don't know," I whisper looking down at my shoes, what does? I feel connected to them somehow. I can't say this to him though.

"Look at me," he says softly, his hand pulls my chin to face him, he slowly leans over but stop to take an irksome pause mere inches from my lips, manoeuvring, I cover rest of what space he left. He opens his mouth welcoming mine, he glides his tongue over my lower lip covering it with his saliva before nibbling like a baby would and finishes it off with a soft peck.

He has experience!

"Okay now?" He asks.

I am phased, lost in that blue in his eyes, I am second guessing my feelings for him. He pulls his hand off of my face and back onto steering.

I turn away to orange sky. I know now, it is what he said in the end, "about Rachel..." I ask my heart still hasn't calmed down or it is beating this way for the imbecile question that I am gonna ask.

"It was work related and long time ago at that," he says squeezing my thighs, reassuring me.

"You are having sex for work?" I say making doodles on the back of his hand. I try to put my head in front of his face, I scrunch my nose. He is enjoying this, even though he is trying his hard not to show it, you can not ignore that crafty little dimple.

"Have you heard about the pack that appeared out of no where and took over three?"

"Hmm." There is this news going around about a sly pack whose alpha is referred to as the grim reaper, they say it is better to have him on your side then to fight his ways. I believe it is bullshit. How could someone who appeared out of no where, on its own, could do that? It is make believe that took those packs down. They should have stood their grounds.

"That's blood moon pack."

Wait what! They did not strike as sly or grim at all, if anything they seemed like idiots to me.

"I met her at Vincent pub, they were making a cross deal with our secret dealer..."

"They as in?"

"Arnold, Clint, some other guys and Rachel was there too. She came onto me for same thing I wanted from her... information."

"Was that pause necessary?" He chuckles at my annoyance. "And? Did she do it good?"

"She did give her best."

"Come on give me some dirt on her!"

"She did choke on..."