Chapter 9: Back to School 2

Chongyun's pov:
    I was scared to go into the classroom but I had no other choice. I couldn't just go back home. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, soon hearing a woman's voice saying "come in".
I opened the door any walked inside to see many unfamiliar faces staring right at me. But they seemed happy, well they are my classmates after all..
" Chongyun dear! You're finally back, how are you feeling? Call me Ms. Ganyu by the way"
The young lady said looking at me with a welcoming smile

"I'm feeling well now, thank you Ms. Ganyu. Just a bit nervous.."

"It's okay! Let me introduce your classmates, we have your project friends Sucrose and Timmaeus right at the front, the ome sitting next to Sucrose is Albedo and you usually sit with Timmaeus.
At the 3rd table of the front we have Mona next to her is ...."

"And lastly we have Pallad."
She said with a firm tone, clearly disliking the boy.

"Thank you Ms. Ganyu"
I said walking over and sitting next to the brown haired boy Timmaeus.
He looked at me with a big smile and hald his hand out for a handshake which I accepted.

    "I missed you Chongyun! It was lonely without you sitting next to me."

"How much studies did I miss-"

"Oh don't worry about that! Your friend Xingqiu wrote them all inside your notebooks and collected everything you need. He came to our class every break asking what we did so he could help you out."

"No way-.."
I said in disbelief opening my notebook for Biology and to my surprise it really had everything that Timmaeus had in it.
I couldn't believe it! Xingqiu did ALL of my work! He even wrote little advice notes on how I should study them!
I could feel my heart beating fast as I read trough everything he wrote down. He's way too kind. I get that I'm his best friend but didn't this affect his own grades?? I'll need to ask him during recess-

"Chongyun please pay attention, you need to pick up a lot still"

"Ah- excuse me Ms. Ganyu"
I said looking up from my notebook and starting actually focus on the class.

    After class I asked Timmaeus where can I find Xingqiu and stormed out of the classroom to talk to him, I wanted to know how much work he put onto himself so that I could find a way to make it up to him.
Soon enought I have spotted the iconic navy blue hair he had, he was packing inside his locker, Chemistry books in his hand.

"Xingqiu!"

"Chongyun!" He turned around in surprise slamming his locker closed, his cheeks having a slight layer of pink to them.

"I wanted to ask you about my notes-"

"Oh! Do you need help? Or is there something you can't read? I can rewrite it!-"

"No no no- It's nothing like that. I wanted to ask. How much did you work on these?."

"Oh uhh-" He scrached his head and chuckled slightly
"Yeah about that- well- I may or may not have constantly did those instead of my homework-"

"You did what!?"

"Hey hey it's alright! I'm still the number one student in my class! There's nothing to worry about, I was just helping out a friend!"

"You're way too kind- how am I even supposed to return your help-"

    "Hmm let me think..."
He said and came closer, he's the same height as me, hmm maybe 1 or 2 cms shorter but I'm not sure. (He took off them heels lmao)
Then he suddenly hugged me tightly and said:
"Prehaps you could pay me back by staying safe from now on."

I just stayed silent and slowly wrapped my arms around him, I have no idea how it felt for him to be without me. My parents told me every detail about the incident so now I remembe rit vividly..
If only I could've noticed sooner that the driver on the other side came towards us.. My mother was watching the road and the drunkard was at a red light. He wasn't even supposed to move the goddamn car.. I could've warn my mother.

   Xingqiu's grip tightening snapped me out of my thoughs. I looked at him

"Promise me.. You'll try to stay safe.."
He said tears starting to form in his eyes. My heart felt like it had been cut open at that moment. I couldn't take seeing him so scared and worried.

"I promise. I'll try to do my best"

"Also. One more thing. I'm walking home with you from now on.."

"If that makes you feel better then so be it." I said wiping his tears away. Small bits and pieces of us hanging out started to come back to me, mostly from sleepovers. I remembered that he used to wake up in the middle of the night having nightmares.

   The bell ringing cut into both of our thoughts

"Ah- we should go-"
He said letting go of me and his face seemed much happier by now

"See you at lunch Yunyun! Come to the rooftop, that's the usual place"
He said and just like that he was already gone to his classroom.

I shook my head and walked back to my own class thinking about what we did on our 2nd period, I had to get nack to school life fast if I didn't want to have too much problems with passing the exams. Timmaeus also told me I'm the 5th in the class rank so I wanted to keep that role. The ones above me was him, Mona, Sucrose and Albedo.

   After a long time. The bell rang ending the 6th period.
Time to meet at the roof.

There we have Chapter 9! It's not that long but I "ran out of brain juice" XD
Also can you guess why Xingqiu is hiding his locker from Chongyun? 👀😉