Chapter 2

*Time skip, 3 weeks later*

*Izzie's POV until changed*

I woke up and decided to go to where the ticket led me. I put on my shoes, left a note for my brother and mom, and walked right out the door. I sharply inhaled, and walked away from my house. "I'm honestly curious. Everything comes at a cost, and I don't know if I can pay it. Do they want money? Intelligence? Or power?..." I muttered to myself like a crazy person.

I looked up from the ground, and noticed I was at least half a kilometer away from my house. I looked at the ticket, and noticed that the address was in the city, so that meant a train ride. I grunted out loud, but no one really noticed. I just kept walking, and went to the train station.

The walk was peaceful, and quiet. But the train station was loud, so I got out my money, my hands started to shake because of nerves. I got a train ticket, and was on my way. I dropped the coins a few times, but I got there. I gripped the train card tightly, and walked over to the train stop, and waited. When it came, I got on, and my legs were shaking, so I decided to sit down.

Once I sat down, the car filled up quickly with people. I felt like everyone was staring at me because I was shaking like an electric toothbrush. Once the train came to my stop, I got off and started walking slowly to the outside. I walked about two city blocks before I arrived at a run down looking building.

"This is it. This is my opportunity at a new life, and better control of my quirk." I knocked at the door three times, and waited probably the longest minute I've ever experienced. When there was no response, I knocked again three times. I heard a kinda quiet voice say "It's unlocked, just come in." I shrug and carefully open the door.

"Hello? I was told to come here to gain better control of my quirk? My doctor gave me this ticket to come here, she said you guys could help me." I tried to keep my voice normal, but it sounded like I was scared out of my mind. "You have come to the right place,sweetie." The short looking guy sitting at the bar said, with a kinda scratchy voice. I almost gagged at the name 'sweetie'. He motioned to the bar and said "come take a seat. We need to talk." He said in a matter-of-fact manner.

I sat a couple of stools away from him. The person, I can't even tell if he's a guy, offered me a glass, but I shook my head no. "So, What's your name? We need to know, for our records." He looked straight over to me, and I just froze. His stare was intense, even though it was covered up by a hand thing. I shook off the feeling, and said "Just call me Izzie. It's what everyone calls me." My voice was shaking even more now, than before.

"Good to know, Izzie. You said you came here to gain better control of your quirk?" He asked, still staring at me with his intense stare, but I slowly nodded 'yes'. "Then, I think you have come to the right place. We have people available to train you for your quirk, but you must live closer to us, because I'm imagining you live at least one train stop away, correct?" I nodded again and he continued. "We can get you an apartment across the street and a job to make some money."

I nodded in agreement with everything he said, but I wanted my own conditions too, "I have some conditions for this agreement as well. I want no one to hurt my family. I need to have as many snacks as you are willing to give me, because my quirk does rely on food. And, I..I want to have immediate access to a doctor when necessary. For personal reasons. I'll come back later in a week with my response." With that, I got up and left.

I breathed a sigh of relief and went home. I took the train back and I was in a cheery mood. More than usual, even on the way home, I was smiling like an idiot. Once I got home my brother, Denki, welcomed me home and gave me a waffle, with some syrup and butter. I smiled and set the date for when I would return to the bar. "Honey, you got a letter in the mail today from the doctors. It said you were supposed to go back in about 3 days for another checkup. After that last incident right before school, I'm debating whether or not I should send you to a doctor in America for a few months." I froze for a second at the thought of going to America. It sounded like a good idea in theory, but not really a good idea in practice.

"Mom, I have told you before. I don't want to go to America. It means I have to leave everyone I know behind, including you guys." I just looked up with my puppy dog eyes. "I don't think it would be a good idea anyway. I would just have to cause more pain and suffering to those around me by saying goodbye, then they would all eventually forget about me. I don't want to put everyone through that." I shrug and continue eating my waffles.

After I finish, I get my things together and put my shoes back on and go out to the store. My mom already knew I had to go out to the store, but I needed food first. I decided to put in my headphones and listen to some music. I dance a little to the music, but I don't really care. I go to the grocery store down the street, which meant no train ride.

There aren't many pro heroes in my area, but I'm ok with that. I continue walking, and get to the grocery store. I keep my headphones in and grab the biggest cart, and get out my list. I go to the pantry section first and get what we need from there, then to the meat, then fridge and lastly, the freezer section. Once I'm done, I go to the check out and pay with my mom's card and leave.

I text my mom to come get me, and she says she'll be right there. So, I wait outside the store, holding the cart full of paper bags with groceries. Only a minute later, my mom showed up with the car. "I'll help." She parked the car and got out to help me, and we got the groceries in the car in only a minute. Then she drove me home and we stayed silent the whole way home.

We also got all of the groceries in by ourselves, and Denki helped put all of them away. Once it was all done, I went up stairs and started weighing the pros and cons of joining the man with a hand over his face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Love you all and Stay safe! <3