Chapter 9

All Might and I were facing each other, with fighting intent in our eyes. But, neither of us wanted to kill. I run up and try to land the first hit. He dodges, and punches the ground right behind me, using the force to put me to the ground. I grunt, and notice my little battery getting towards the yellow zone, but not quite there yet.

I get back up and send a small current in his direction, only about 500 volts. Enough to kill an ordinary man, but enough to knock out a medium sized bull. "Like that? I think it's enough to tell you just how powerful I am, Mister Number One hero." I smirk, as he falls to the ground grunting over in pain.

"Izzie, why are you a villian? What happened that made you choose this life?" He looked up at me with sad eyes. "What do you mean? I'm no villain. I got help from these people, they helped me when no one else would. My doctors would always just give me pain meds and other dangerous drugs to keep my quirk under control. But now, I have had the training, and my body is strong enough to handle my quirk now." I start monologuing, tears beginning to well up in my eyes.

"I have been a hassle to every pro hero. They have always been stuck with helping me, and I have always been a burden to everyone. So I did the best thing that I could think of. I ran away from everyone, so I could come back stronger than before. I left my family to become stronger, and not fry my brain to a point of no return!" My tone was harsher, as I started to sob.

I had so many emotions inside me, that I just let go of it all. As the number one hero slowly came over to me, and put a caring hand to my shoulder. I flinched, "Please don't touch me." He lifted his hand, but stayed next to me crouched on the ground. I just fell to my knees and bawled my eyes out. Right then, and there, and I barely noticed a green haired boy come up next to him and me.

"Hey, is everything alright?" He asked All Might, but he only nodded his head, and sent him on his way. "Go on and help your classmates, young midoriya. I can take care of her." He put a hand close to my back, but didn't quite touch me leading me towards the exit with all of the other students. As I got closer to the entrance, I started to calm down and looked back to Shigaraki and Kurogiri glaring at me with disappointment which caused me to look to the ground in shame.

When we got to the buses, I noticed some heroes go to the paramedics that arrived, and I was escorted to the police. "Here. She claims her name is Izzie, and that she ran away from home." The officer nodded as I was handed over. He put handcuffs on me, and put me in the car.

As we rode to the police station, I was quiet the whole way. And when I got there, they sat me down in an interrogation room with a cup of water. I remain silent as I sit there and take the occasional sip of water.

"So, kid. We are gonna start easy. What's your full name?" The officer in front of me sat down in the chair directly across from me, and put out a notepad. I only stared at the notepad, not saying a word, it almost sounded like I wasn't breathing until I took another sip of water.

Only a few minutes went by before he spoke again, "Hello? Kid? Do we need to get a pro in here?" I blink slowly, and yawn, as if I'm ready for a nap, even though I looked at my little battery and noticed that I was starting to get past the yellow, and into the red section. "Kid, you need to say something, even if it isn't the answer to our questions, we need to know that you can hear us speaking." The officer looked annoyed, but tried to hide it.

"If you're annoyed, don't try to hide it. I can tell. And, My name's Izzie. I'm 15 years old and I dropped out of school a year ago. That's all you need to know." I glared right at the officer as I spoke, then glared when I was done. He froze for a second, then wrote down what I said to him. Then he got up and left, leaving me back in here alone.

I roll my eyes, after being quiet for so long, I say " Can I get some food? I need to eat at some point." I say looking upwards, and to no one in particular. Then, as if on cue, someone comes in with a small plate of donuts. "Sorry, they're all we had." They set the plate down and left again. I shrug and start eating them, smiling as I do.

The same police officer comes back in as I'm eating, and throws down a small file. "This is the only file we could find for you, Kaminari Izumi." He paused for a moment before he said my name, which caused me to glare back up at him. He gestured to it, "Open it. It has all the information the city has about you. Including the fact that you were presumed dead over a month ago." I only looked at the file in silence, with an unreadable expression, and grabbed a donut from the plate beside me.

I space out after a while, and eventually they let me go to another secured location. UA high school, which I think is a bad decision, but I can't really rebel against it. "This is where you will stay until further notice." The pro hero Eraserhead told me, and I nodded my head to show that I heard him. "Everyone, be nice to our new student. She has been through a lot over the past year or so."

He motioned me to come in, and I looked to the floor in shame, afraid that they were gonna laugh at me, but no one laughed. I looked up and saw everyone's smiling faces, and couldn't help but lightly smile to myself. "Your room will be ready in about a week or so. But, until then, you will have to stay with someone else. Preferably one of the other girls, but you can choose."

I nod, then look back at everyone. Noticing one of the boys eye me, I keep a note to stay away from him. "I choose...him." I point to my brother, because he is the only real familiar face in the class. "Ok, your stuff will be moved to Kaminari's room, and you will stay there for the next week or so." He said with an unreadable expression, and a monotone voice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Love you all and Stay safe! <3