Chapter 5

I looked at the drinks and just as I decided what I wanted, the waitress comes over to my table. "Good evening, miss. Can I get you started with any drinks?" She smiles, and I put down my menu and nod. "Yes, I want some Iced sweet tea, please. And a small salad as an appetizer?" She smiles and writes everything down on her little notepad. "Is that all?" She smiles once she finishes writing, and I nod yes. So, she walks away towards the kitchen.

I sit in patience, looking across the table with sad intent, while also watching other happy couples come into the restaurant. I look down at the table cloth in sadness, then I put a smile on my face remembering that I have other more important things than a relationship. "Here, and your salad will be out soon." The same waitress from before came up with my drink, and had a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Thank you." I smile back and sip my tea. The waitress heads to the kitchen, and returns only a minute later with my salad. She lets me eat in peace, and it's nice. I eat my salad kinda fast, but it felt slow. Once I was done, the waitress came to collect my plate, then left for a minute to let me look at the menu again for my food.

I decide what I want, then the waitress comes back with her little notepad. "Are you ready to order your food?" She smiles with her notepad ready, and I respond "Yeah, I want the spaghetti and some french fries along with it. Can you also give me a small bowl of shredded cheese on the side?" I look up to her and smile. She nods as she finishes writing on the notepad. "I can do that! It will be right out to you." She smiles and leaves to the back once more.

I continue sipping my tea waiting for the waitress to come back with my food. After about 30 minutes or so, when my stomach was practically begging me for food, she came back with a small tray with my food. She sets a little table down with the tray on top of it, and hands me my food, the spaghetti first, then the fries and the cheese. "Will that be all?" She starts taking the little table down, and I nod my head yes. She smiles and leaves.

I start to eat my food, and eat peacefully. Once I was done, the waitress came back once more. "Are you all done with this, ma'am?" I nod, and she takes the plates away, then comes back. "Can I interest you in the dessert menu?" She smiles, and offers me a smaller looking menu. I nod, then look at it, seeing the different options for a dessert. Nothing really piqued my interest, so I just shook my head slightly, "No, I'll have the check please."

I smile and she takes the dessert menu away, and comes back with the check. It turned out to be a little less than $100, which was perfect. I put the cash in and hand it to the waitress. "You can keep the change as a tip." I smile and she walks away, saying "I hope you have a good rest of your night!" And I nod, telling her the same. I then leave from the same door I came from, and started back to my apartment.

I was still walking slowly, but perked a little more than before now that I have eaten something. I don't run into anyone, which is a good sign for me. I don't like running into people. But, I made it there ok. I unlock my door and go in, trying to keep myself from flopping down on my bed. I changed into my pajamas, noticing how hard it was to lift my arms up higher than shoulder height.

I manage, and go to bed. The next morning, I woke up with my muscles sore and tired, luckily training was every other day so I was free today. I put in the numbers I got from yesterday, then texted each of them with my name. 'Hey, It's Izzie.' is what I texted each of them.

I only got a response from my trainer saying, 'Hi! You know there is no training today right? I just want to check. Do what you want today!' They were so kind, and they responded right away which made me smile a little bit.

I went to the mirror and tried to come up with a new style for this new me. "Ok, Izzie. Maybe french braids and makeup? Or a high ponytail? Nah, french braids for sure." I put my hair into the french braids, and changed my outfit a few times until I settled on a black tank top and a pair of light gray jeans with a short, yellow cardigan. I smiled at myself in the mirror, and took in a breath of confidence. "I look good. Damn!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I know these are coming fast, but I have nothing better to do today, and these are all prepared. Love you all and Stay safe! <3