Chapter 11

As the end of the school day approached, I got ready for whatever apology Kirishima had planned. I put on a sweater and jeans, and walked out of Denki's room. By the time I reached the gate, the school day ended. I waited for maybe 10 to 15 minutes of students passing by me, going to their respective dorms.

"Hey! Izzie!" I perked up at the voice and looked around to see where it came from. When I saw him, I smiled. "Hey! Kirishima!" I responded as he came closer to me. "What did you mean you want to properly apologize? I was confused." I asked in a more normal voice. He only smiled and took my hand, "I meant I want to take you out to a dinner to apologize for last night."

His statement made a light blush cross my face. I didn't even speak, I just went along with his plan. "I am going to take you to a nice restaurant, ok?" He has a smile on his face, and we walked away from the school.

We walked the whole way holding hands, but I intertwined our fingers about halfway there. "Is this just a ploy to get me out on a date?" I asked as we sat down at our table. We sat at a booth, across from each other. "What? I am only trying to apologize for what happened last night." I blushed even more realizing what that sentence could mean.

"You did nothing wrong last night. You have no reason to apologize, don't worry." I smile and pick up a menu. "Ok, I'll turn this into a date of some kind then." He instantly smiled, and grabbed a menu as well. "Order whatever you want. I'll pay for it."

I nod and look at the menu, and see a small dish that intrigues me. It's chicken alfredo with some broccoli on top. "I know what I want." I say as I put the menu down. "Cool, I think I know what I want too." He put down his menu and a waiter came over, "Are you ready to order?" He looks between us, and I go first.

"I want the chicken alfredo and sweet tea, please." I smile up at him as he writes, then turns to my date. "I want the steak, well done, and a side of fries with barbeque sauce, please." He looked up at the waiter as he wrote it all down, then smiled and asked Kirishima, "What do you want to drink, sir?"

"Water is fine. Thanks." He smiled at the waiter again, which caused me to smile as well. The waiter finished writing down everything, and left us smiling.

Kirishima put his hand on the table, I put mine on the table as well, and he grabbed it. I smiled, and my cheeks turned a light pink. "Hey, you sick or something? Your cheeks have been either pink or red this whole time." He puts a hand lightly to my forehead, to see if I have a fever.

"N-no, I'm fine. I've just never been on a date before. I don't really know how to act or what to do." I look away, my cheeks turning more red as I speak. "It's ok, I get it. Just be yourself, and don't put up an act." He smiles and sits back down.

We sit like this, with our hands on the table and talking about just random things that came up. "Here are your drinks. I apologize for the wait." The waiter smiled apologetically at us and we said that it was fine, and we were ok with it. I sip my drink and Kirishima sips on his. After another few minutes of talking to each other, the waiter came with our food. "Enjoy! Let me know if you need anything." He left us to eat our food.

"So, what did you do for the past year?" Kirishima asked me, I could hear the nervousness in his voice as he asked his question. "I was being trained to fight and use my quirk properly. I never enhanced my quirk as I grew up, like you. I had to live with every time I used my quirk, I had to go to the hospital. With a few exceptions." I looked down at my food and lost my smile entirely.

"I'm sorry to bring up a sad subject on our date. I was only curious about it." He looked at his plate, and kept quiet. "It's ok. It's not really that sad of a subject. I don't mind talking about it. Plus, I became a better fighter because of it. I just have to be careful of my quirk, still. I never did get to complete the training." I smile and eat my food. He does the same, and we continue to talk about ourselves, and get to know each other a little more.

"Ugh. I should not have gotten the 3rd dessert." I hold my stomach, while slightly hunched over.

"Why did you even eat that much? I thought the dinner was enough." Kirishima helped me walk a little. "Well, My quirk relies on food, yours doesn't. So, I have to eat more than the average person. One plus side, though. I can win almost any eating competition. I have a wall of trophies in my apartment to prove it." I smile and lean on him a little bit as we walk.

"How about you take me there? I'm honestly curious, you've also talked about it quite a bit." He asks me, as the sun sets with a red-orange-pink mixture of light. Not gonna lie, the light compliments him, probably the hair. "Ok, It's not too far from here. Just one train stop away." I stand more upright as best as I can, and start walking toward the train station.

We get there and when the train arrives, then we get on and sit next to each other and we don't really talk because it isn't a long ride. The first time the train stops, I look out the window and get up. "This is the stop," I grab his hand and walk off the train.

As we walk, and the sun goes down, we gravitate closer together for probably 2 reasons; the warmth or to feel safer.

"It's not too much farther. I promise," I softly smile and we continue walking. After maybe 5 more minutes, we get to the building. "Here we are! This is my old apartment building. I lived on the 3rd level."

He nods and we walk into the building and walk up the stairs. I fiddle with my key ring and get the one for my apartment, and open the door to reveal my apartment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Love you all and Stay safe! <3