Chapter 12

My apartment is a little messy, but I don't mind. "Excuse the mess. I didn't really get a chance to clean it up," I take off my shoes and go to the kitchen quickly. I put away the bottles of what I always called 'illegal juice', which is just things like vodka and tequila. I had a little bit of a problem, and didn't want him to see that. He comes in as I finish putting them away.

"I don't mind, it just means that you live here. My room's a mess too, don't worry." "Ok," I breathe a small sigh of relief and sit on the couch.

After a few minutes there is a knock at the door, and I get up and open the door enough to see who is on the other side. "How can I help you?" My eyes widened at who was on the other side.

"Hello, Izzie. It's been a while." A familiar voice said to me. I quickly closed the door and ran back to the couch, still in shock of who it was. "Who was at the door?" Kirishima asked me, a little worry in his voice, as there should be. "I-it w-w-was..it was.." I couldn't even finish my sentence, I just huddled near him and hoped they wouldn't break down the door.

They continued to knock and bang at the door, but they didn't want to break it down, because they would have to pay for it. "I don't understand, what's wrong?" He had more worry in his voice than before, and I was shaking so much it was hard to understand what I was saying.

"They are a local gang. I just haven't paid them this month yet, but they are scary nonetheless." I finally gained my composure enough to say it, but I was still shaking. Kirishima comforted me, until my neighbor scared them off.

"It's safe now, Kami-san. I know you're in there scared out of your mind," an elderly voice, similar to recovery girl's, spoke from the hallway.

"Thank you, neighbor!" I yelled from the couch, causing Kirishima to flinch. "You're welcome. Do you want some tea?" She stayed at the door, awaiting an answer.

"Yeah," I spoke facing the door, then to Kirishima. "You want some tea?" He nods.

"And some for my friend, too." I get up and open the door for the nice old lady who strangely resembles Recovery Girl. "Oh! I was unaware of your company. I'll leave you to it."

"Oh, no. It's fine, we'd love some tea, Ms. Shuzenji." I smile, gesturing for Kirishima to come over. "Ms. Shuzenji is my neighbor. She's the one who cared for me while I was living by myself. I really see her as a mother-figure." I explained to Kirishima as he came over to the door where we were.

We all walked over to Ms. Shuzenji's apartment across the hall. She opened her door to reveal a one-person apartment. "You sit on the couch, and I'll start the water for some tea." She gestured to the tiny couch in her living room with a tiny, old-timey TV in front of it.

About 15 minutes later, the tea is ready for everyone. Ms. Shuzenji brings the tea over to both Kirishima, and me. "Here sweetie, drink up. You too, sir."

She hands us both a cup full of tea. I take a small sip as Kirishima sips his. Everyone just sits on the couch and drinks their tea for about 30 minutes, then me and Kirishima get up. "Thank you for the tea, Ms. Shuzenji."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Love you all and Stay safe! <3