Chapter 7

As Sir fought, they told me "Try using your quirk Izzie! Not a lot, but a manageable amount." I listened to them, and put a few hundred volts of electricity in my hands and shot it out to Sir, causing them to stumble backwards. "Good, now we can take a small break." Sir lost their fighting stance, and moved to the side of the ring motioning for me to follow.

I sat next to them, and took out some food, a protein bar and some donut holes from the convenience store down the road. "So, Handy-man said that this would be a living hell for me, but it hasn't felt like it recently. What gives?" I tilt my head as I munch on the protein bar.

"Izzie, that's because after we finish this training regime, then your training will be done, and we will test your abilities." Sir looked down, sullenly. It made me feel sad, and it dampened the mood quite a bit, then we stayed in an awkward silence, but then I started smiling like an idiot. "That means I can go see my family once more! After all this time!" I had excitement in my voice and I even looked excited.

"I don't know about that. Shigiraki said that we need you now, as an important member of our family." Sir had an edge in their voice, and it scared me. "What? The only reason I agreed to do this was because I was promised I could see my mom, and my brother again." I got angry very quickly when Sir said that, and it looked like they felt bad about saying it.

"I know you were excited about seeing them again, but we need you now. I'm sorry Izzie, but that is just the reality you'll have to face." Sir got a firm tone in their voice, which happens a few times, but is mainly rare. I always get a chill up my spine when I hear this tone. "Y-yes Sir. I'll get back to training, Sir. Sorry." I lower my head in shame, then go over to them and throw a punch.

They dodge and hit me in the back, knocking me to the ground. I get back up and attempt to kick Sir in the face, and land the hit. They stumble backwards, then come at me with a punch to the chest, which causes me to stumble backward, then kicks my legs which causes me to fall on the ground. I then stand right back up and do a punch/kick combo. I throw a punch at Sir's face, and then twirl around and kick right where I initially punched. They then fell to the ground with me towering over them, which caused them to say the only words that ended a match. "I yield." I help Sir up, then we go get some water.

As I am glugging down as much water as I can, I notice Sir's position change and make a note to ask them about it later. As we both finish glugging the water, Sir makes me do some endurance training. I nod and go around the arena, once without my quirk. Then once with it, which causes me to only pant out of breath. Which is a real improvement from a year ago, when I would almost pass out from exhaustion.

"I think I improved my time, Sir. Can I see?" I say as I walk over to them. They show me the timer, and as I thought, I was better by a whole minute and a half. "That's amazing! I made some real improvement since the last time we did endurance training!" I get the same excitement in my voice as before. I hear my phone ding in my bag, and go look at it. I got a text from Kurogiri. -Izzie, We want to see you at the bar. Come here now.-

I show Sir the text and they nod understandingly. "Go. They wanna talk with you, regarding what I said earlier. I know it will be a hard conversation, but it needs to happen." I look down, and walk out slowly for a second, then start slow running, then running normally. I run until I get there and slam open the door. "I came after I got your text. What's up?" I say with an unusual amount of calm in my voice.

"We wanted you here, because we need to talk about our agreement. We need to change it." Kurogiri said, as he finished cleaning a glass from the shelf. It seemed that he did that everytime I came over. "What do you mean? I thought the deal was that you guys train me, and give me a place to stay. Then let me go after my training is done." I give them a confused look.

"Well, for a deal to be a deal, then both parties have to benefit. So, since we have been benefiting you it is now time you benefit us. We want you to become an official part of this family. Once you pass one test, then it will be official. And you will have begun to benefit us as a fighter." Shigaraki said, with his scratchy tone. "I don't believe this. I thought that I was gonna be able to visit my family. Unless you're saying I still can?" I get a tone of excitement as I ask, which might come off as confusing.

"You still can, and no one is stopping you. The UA training at the USJ will be coming up soon, so that is when you will be tested." Kurogiri set a file down on the counter and opened it to reveal a boy with blonde hair and a small black lightning bolt in his hair, and he was smiling. I froze at the image of my brother smiling in his school uniform with his friends.

I walked out of the bar, and put a hand on my bag, which held a few bottles of vodka, even though I am underaged I still do it because no one is really stopping me. I head to my apartment and take out a bottle. "Happy birthday, me." I say to myself before taking off the cap, and drinking some of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Love you all and Stay safe! <3