12

After making up with Izuku and dropping him off at his house, Naruki walks down the street. As she was walking she notice Katsuki on his front lawn yelling at the lawnmower.

"Now what did the lawnmower ever did to you?" The voice startled him but held his composure.

"This fucking piece of shut doesn't want to work! I've tried but this junk is old!" Naruki was enjoying his frustration. She walked up to the machine and lightly kicked it, when it started up she laughed when she saw his expression.

"You're a witch, there's no way that old shit could just start!" She laughed even harder.

She started helping him cut the grass. It took the both of them two hours to finish up. After they were done, Katsuki went inside for two sodas, he handed one to Naruki and poped one opened for himself.

"You know what I don't understand? If it's a one on one, you're much more calm, cool, relax even but if we are in front of others you act so...differently why?"

After taking a sip, he leans back on the front step, with his arms supporting him, "I just prefer your company compare to those losers. Besides you get me"

"You don't think Kirishima knows you as well?"

"Who?"

"...Sharkface?"

"Oh, I guess but he's too fucking nosey. Always trying to get me to talk about my feelings, yuck." She rolled her eyes at his response.

"I see, well I'm glad you think of me in that way."

Naruki leaned back and watched the stars. Katsuki gazed at her. Even though Naruki has rejected him, he still held feelings for her.

"Why are you living with that rich girl"

She was surprised at this question. No one really asked her why she started living with Momo. She didn't mind, she liked the privacy but in a way, it felt like no one cared.

"Well-uh...I've been living alone for a while"

"...You mean since-"

"Yep. Since middle school, I've been on my own. I had my own apartment. The lady next door would appear as my grandma and, well sign me up! Momo saw me when I had some issues with some girls. She asked what was wrong and I told her, she asked to take me home and I told her that I had been kicked out. I couldn't pay the rent so I started sleeping at a homeless shelter, she got furious and well, let me stayed with her."

"Yeah but you haven't said why you're living alone"

Naruki took a sip from her soda. She let out a sigh, then she started telling him what happened.

"I remember, that my dad, he would bring me a charm, every time he came home from work. Each of them was sillier than the other. But he would tell me that we were connected by it."

"Do you still have it?"

"Yeah", she took out the chain from her shirt and showed it to him.

"It used to be a bracelet but when he started bringing more, I had to make it into a necklace" She put it back into her shirt.

"When I was 8, there was a villain attack in Fukuoka. Two heroes came, Fat Gum and Edgeshot. They were taking on 6 villains...two of them happened to be my parents." Katsuki's eyes widen at that.

"Yeah, I know. They were running an underground illegal trafficking rink and were murdering people for bounty. Like assassins. They got taken down because two of their teammates didn't watch their backs..."

Katsuki watched as Naruki started crying. It made him feel awkward since he wasn't used to dealing with these sorts of things. Nervously, he put his hands on her back, slowly rubbing it.

"T-They would pretend that we were living this s-sort of... f-fantasy! Do you know what my mom told me when I asked her what her job was? That she's an assistant for heroes, she helps protect people. But how can you protect people when you're stealing them from their families? Or killing them?!"

"The worst part is....they lied, they even pushed for me to be a hero! How am I supposed to be a hero when-when I'm a product of a lie?!"

Katsuki's body covered her as she sobs into his arms. He never thought that this would be a reason, he assumed that she wasn't that we'll off or that her parents didn't care but this...this was something different.

"You aren't a lie. You're gonna be something great. Stop blaming yourself it's your shitty parents' fault for not telling you the truth. Yeah, it sucks that they lied but you need to own up to it and use that." He grabbed onto her shoulder, making her face him.

"You're amazing okay? And I need you to pull yourself up. Otherwise, who's gonna be there when I knock down Deku?" Naruki giggled, wiping away her tears

"Yeah, and who would be there when I knock you down and take the #1 role?" He shoved her, making her smile. He leaned back on the step and watched the sky.

"It doesn’t matter if you grew up without parents, and it doesn’t matter if you don’t believe in God. You're gonna do great things you know why? Cuz you're amazing, and you have more skills than all those losers who are trying to be a wannabe hero. Don't forget that."

"You know Katsuki...you're an amazing friend"

"Shut up, don't let anyone hear you fucking say that!"

After talking for a while, it was almost 8 so Naruki said goodbye and started walking home. It was a long walk since Momo lives on the other side of town.

When she got home, the clock read after 9, which was late for the Yaoyorozou's.

When she walked past the living, there standing was Mrs Yaoyorozou, with her arms folded and next to her was her daughter Momo who mouthed 'I tried'

"You young lady, if you are to stay in this house, you need to inform us as to when you're coming home AND your curfew is at 9 o clock, not 9:30!"

"I-I know but I got held up and I had to help a friend-"

"No. If you want to live in this house, you'll have to follow the rules. Home at 9, no later than that. Understood?"

"Y-Yes ma'am..." She nodded her head as well.

"Grounded, for three weeks."

"Oka-san don't you think that-"

"I'll give you three as well if you don't be quite"

She looked back at Naruki with a glare then when the girl nodded her head, she heads back to her room. Both girls, Naruki and Momo watched each other and smiled.

"Sorry that I didn't cover you well...I'm not used to lying very well." The blonde-haired girl puts her arm around her friend giving her a half hugged as they walked up the stairs.

"It's fine, at least you tried right? Anyway, I want to tell you something! It's about how soft Baka-aho is!"