13

During the past week, Izuku has been noticing that Naruki and Bakugou have been getting closer. And it irks him.

Don't get him wrong, he's all for making friends, but this was sudden.

It didn't feel real.

Now Izuku isn't a possessive boy, but he felt weird when he sees Bakugou's hand on Naruki's shoulder or loop holding her hand, even if it was to drag her off somewhere.

And another thing as well, he's been noticing that every time he tries to talk to her, he would come and drag her off to his desk or his group and it was starting to annoy him. The only time that they would be able to talk is when they have training or when they are walking home and even then, she would still ramble on about Katsuki this and Katsuki that.

What's even weirder was that Naruki stopped calling Bakugou, Baka-aho? That's the weirdest thing. It seems that she wanted an actual friendship with him.

"We will be doing a project, you have to write an essay on Hero History. Go find a partner" Aizawa stated as he sits down on his chair and falls asleep.

Thinking this as a way to spend some more quality time with Naruki, Izuku walks up to her desk.

"Hey, Naruki-chan I'd like to know if-"

"Move it deku!" Izumi was shoved out of the way by Bakugo who stood next to Naruki.

"You. Me. this project. Don't be a slacker and do your half"

"Sure, unlike you, I know how to finish my job quickly"

Izuki watched as Naruki and Bakugo playfully tease each other. It looked as if they were an actual couple.

Sure he and Naruki has been on a few dates but she's never really asked them to be more exclusive. Maybe she was waiting for him to make the move? But he was so used to her making the first moves. She was the one to ask him out on a date first. So it seemed natural.

Normally Izuku would be jealous of Bakugo's confidence and how he's able to express himself. But he never thought he's jealous of something...like Bakugo.

He looks back at the duo one more time, watching as they play fight with each other. His eyes widen when he saw the small smile Bakugo gave her when she wasn't looking.

"I-I have to do something about this."

[ 🌸 ]

It's lunchtime and Izuku is mopy. It's noticeable. The deku-squad as notice that their 'leader' is was. They tried asking him what was the issue or what was wrong but the only thing they got was 'It's fine' or 'I'm alright, I promise'.

It was annoying them.

Why wouldn't he just tell them what was the issue? Or at least try to make him better?

Todoroki and Iida watched their friend and followed his gaze. It was Naruki and Bakugo.

"Midoriya, I thought you and Naruki are going out?"

"Huh? Oh uh...yeah we are"

"Doesn't seem so. Seems as if she and Bakugo-kun have more of a connection. Or at least from where I'm sitting." Following Iida's plan, Todoroki started to add in his input.