𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ~ 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

[𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝒹 𝒫𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝒫𝒪𝒱]

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

It wasn't uncommon for people to want what wasn't theirs.

Not one bit.

A child will get jealous of a playmate's toy and throw a fit in hope of a chance to play with it. But when you're in college, crying and screaming to get what you desire doesn't necessarily work.

This was Suna Rintarou's current problem.

What he wanted was nothing like a toy. Not in the slightest.

What he wanted was his friend's girlfriend. Someone who he simply could not take his eyes off of when she came to parties.

She always stood next to her loving boyfriend of four years. Their hands always intertwined.

He wanted that, but instead of her boyfriend's hand, he so desperately wanted it to be his. But he felt that that would never happen because he knew how helplessly in love the two were.

Almost as helplessly in love as he was with (y/n) (l/n).

They were close but not close enough in Suna's mind. Not as close as she and Kita had become over the years. Not close enough so he could have her hand in his as she stood by his side at parties that were too loud and lasted too long.

No, they weren't that close.

They were simply what (y/n) would call "friends" even though he had stood by her side since she had come into this world. He had been through thick and thin with her as her parents got a divorce and moved from the house right beside his all the way to Hyōgo right before middle school leaving him all alone except for in the summer when she stayed with her dad for only a few weeks at a time.

During that time, (y/n) had made a life apart from Suna. It wasn't by choice as she hated the fact that he wasn't there with her. It was simply out of necessity starting from when she moved to Hyōgo and made new friends. Not to replace Suna, but to still remain happy even though he wasn't right by her side anymore.

She had a slight Kansai accent that wasn't there the last time he had seen her.

She had friends that he didn't recognize and people who wanted to be more than friends around her.

She had blossomed in the time that he had become a bud on a stem.

He truly adored her.

But even back then, they were still as close as ever. And continued to get closer, especially when Suna got scouted and came to Inarizaki high. Once again being able to be right by her side.

The two were still friends despite the distance created between them due to their time apart.

Even though they had been apart for some time, they acted as though it was still right before (y/n) had moved and no time had passed at all. The distance created by this time vanishing completely as they fell back into their old habits: Snapping embarrassing pictures of each other and sending them during class. Eating chuupet while studying together. Even passing around a volleyball late at night after they had become tired of studying.

It was refreshing that nothing changed between the two. They never wanted to be apart again for that long.

(Y/n) joined the boy's volleyball club as their manager just as an excuse to hang out with Suna but also to avoid walking home without him, which Suna had pointed out should be one of the reasons she should become a manager.

But over time, he had come to hate the fact that he even mentioned her joining the volleyball team as their manager. Maybe if she hadn't joined, (y/n) would have her hand in his and not in Kita's.

The two had met through the volleyball club. (Y/n) and Suna in their first year of high school, brand spanking new to the Inarizaki volleyball team. And even though it was her first year in high school, she was the best thing that happened to the volleyball team.

She was an asset to the team. She could always get the twins to stop fighting as they couldn't help but be on their best behavior for her. She pushed everyone to be their best always cheering for the team whether it be practice or a match. And most of all, she cared for the team.

Being a manager wasn't just a way to get close to the boys so that maybe she could date one of them like some past managers had done. No. Being a manager was making sure that the team succeeded and help in any way possible to make that happen.

And that is what made Kita Shinsuke fall in love with her.