𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 ~ 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐚

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

[𝒦𝒾𝓉𝒶'𝓈 𝒫𝒪𝒱]

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

There had always been something about Suna that made Kita question (y/n)'s relationship with him. Both of them had said they were only friends, but the two of you had always seemed so much closer. Kita knew that the two of you had grown up with each other but something about Suna's "friendship" with (y/n) seemed off. 

It was Sunday morning and Kita was on his way to (y/n) and Osamu's apartment to pick her up for a suprise breakfast. It wasn't often that he did this but he wanted an excuse to come and see her. He was right in front of the apartment door. He softly knocked knowing it was still kinda early and Osamu was probably still sleeping. The door knob turned but it wasn't (y/n) who opened it.

"Oh, hey Kita. What are ya doin' over here so early?"

"Hey Osamu. I was actually here to get (y/n) and take her to breakfast. Is she up?" Kita questioned. Just as he asked, he caught a glimpse of Suna heading in the direction of her room with two coffee cups.

"Uh yeah I think she just got up. Suna's takin' some coffee to her if ya wanna go and see." It wasn't that Kita hated Suna but at this moment he kinda did. Or rather he had an intense dislike for him.

He walked into the small apartment and took off his shoes. He went directly to your room but didn't go in. The sound of laughter floated to his ears. You and Suna were laughing about something but he couldn't tell what. Then he heard it.

"Last night was fun. Thank you for letting me stay over. It would be nice if maybe we did that more often." Suna said, sleep still evident in his voice.

"Yeah, it was and thank you for walking me home. And I would love if we could do that more often. I feel like the only time I get to see is when school's involved." You laughed. The same laugh that melted Kita's heart now made it cold. If this were any other person like Osamu, he knew he wouldn't think anything of it but with Suna, he just couldn't keep his mind from wandering.

"Suna! Can ya help me with something?" Osamu called from the kitchen. "Yeah sure." Suna called back. "Thank god he's leaving your room." Kita thought. Suna exited your room and saw Kita leaning against the wall. A smirk was plastered onto his face and coated his words.

"She's awake if you wanna go see her." He said, his smirk turning into a knowing grin. "Also, don't get the wrong idea about last night. Just a bit of fun between friends." He whispered. And with that he walked off.

Kita wasn't a jealous man but there was something about Suna that made him possessive. Made him want to show you off. Kiss you in public. Mark you up with hickeys and bite marks. And he did. Just to show Suna who you were dating and who you loved.

Caught up in his own thoughts, Kita barely managed to notice (y/n) walking out of her room. But all thoughts about Suna were quickly pushed aside when he did.

"Hi my love." He cooed, taking her hand in his and placing a few chaste kisses on your knuckles. Laughter bubbling from her lips from his actions.

"Good morning baby. What are you doing here so early?" She asked, her hand still in Kita's as he played with her fingers. Early was hardly the correct word to use. It was well past noon but getting up before so on a weekend was early for her.

"Well, I was going to take you to brunch but it seems like Osamu is already working on that." He responded, the clinking of plates being grabbed in the background indicating that breakfast was ready.

"(Y/n)! Kita! Are ya stayin' fer breakfast?" Osamu yelled. Kita looked to (y/n) who responded with a simple shrug which normally it was up to him to decide. He gave a small nod. "Yeah!" He called back, leading you into the kitchen.

•••

"This was a mistake." A thought that popped up during breakfast. What could have been a romantic brunch between (y/n) and him was now a very annoying breakfast that made him feel very out of place. The conversation was light but Suna's comments were not helping Kita's uneasy feeling about her relationship and Suna's.

"It wasn't my fault that I fell asleep on the couch!" (Y/n) protested, pointing your fork at Suna who sat across from her. "'Samu promised me that we could watch a movie if we finished his show and then he changed the rules and made me get chips! Alone! At 3am!"

"Alone? At 3am? Outside?" Kita thought. "How could Osamu let you go outside alone at 3am?" He wanted to double check just to make sure he was hearing this right or was hopefully very wrong.

"Wait a sec. So you're telling me that you ran to the convinces store alone at 3am? The one that's three blocks away?" The room went silent at his question but (y/n) quickly jumped in trying to reassure him she was fine.

"Yes, but I ran into Rin who walked me home." He was glad that she had someone he knew walking her home but he was still upset about the situation.

"And then she convinced me to stay to watch a movie with her and 'Samu." Suna added in.

"Which she didn't even finish because she fell asleep on Suna's shoulder." Osamu chimed in casing everyone but Kita to laugh.

"Can we talk?" Kita whispered to you as Suna and Osamu began cleaning up. The way her eyes filled with worry and the way she offered him a polite smile made him regret what he said but, it needed to happen.

(Y/n) led Kita to her room making sure to close the door behind him. She was tense, he could tell but so was he.

"What did you want to talk about?" She asked, her eyes not meeting his. He sat himself on her bed, patting the area next to him for her to sit down. When she did, he took her hands into his, rubbing circles on them with his thumbs.

"Please don't be so reckless. You know better than to walk the streets at 3am with no one with you. What if something happened to you? What if Suna wasn't there? What if-" she cut him off.

"Kita, I know. I'm not an idiot. I know it was stupid. I know that I was lucky Rin was there. But I was prepared." She responded, getting off the bed to grab her keys which had pepper spray and a safety alarm attached.

He paused for a second. She was prepared but it still didn't put his mind at ease. "I'm sorry baby. I was overreacting." He stated flatly.

"No, you weren't. I love the fact that you care so much about me and my safety but I'm not always going to have the option of some accompanying me 24/7." She said, plopping down on the bed once more, reaching her hands out to cup his face.

"I know baby, I just... I just want you to be safe is all."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

After the words left his lips, he found her lips on his. Her legs straddling his and hands moving from his face to behind his neck. His hands found purchase on her sides, slowly feeling up her body. Her tongue darting inside his mouth exploring the wet carven.

"I love you baby." She whispered against his lips as he went in for another kiss.

It wasn't the conversation that Kita really wanted to have but he needed to know that she loved him. He needed you to know that he loved her.