𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 ~ 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

[(𝒴/𝒩)'𝓈 𝒫𝒪𝒱]

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

It was starting to bother you. Osamu normally didn't bring up things like this or at least not the way he did. You could tell he was worried and just wanted to see you happy but still. It was getting to you.

"Does he really think that maybe my friendship with Rin might cause problems?"

"What if they already have and Shin's just not telling me?"

You need to know more. So you wandered out into the kitchen to find Osamu still working on some homework. It was well past 2am. You started some hot water for tea knowing he would probably need some to get to sleep.

"'Samu, are you busy?" You asked, your voice a little meek.

"Mm... kinda but I could use a break. What's up?" He responded, leaning back in his chair stretching his limbs.

"It's just something you said earlier. About Rin and my relationship with Shin. I don't know it's just, do you think I should talk to him?"

"I mean, do ya think you'll feel better if ya did?" He responded, getting up and getting two mugs for tea.

"Maybe? I just feel like I want to make absolutely sure that Shin isn't bothered by it ya know?"

"What'll ya do if he is? I mean it's not like yer just gonna forget about Suna, right?"

"Of course not. But I don't know. Maybe I'll just create a bit of distance but only a itty bitty bit. But what would that even look like?" You weren't exactly sure how to create distance between you and him. I mean it's not like you do everything together on purpose. It's just beneficial for the two of you. It's not your fault that he's in the majority of your classes. It's just a coincidence. And it's not entirely your fault that you both work the same shift. It just happened that the night shift till closing was best for both of you.

"Then maybe don't ask Kita? I mean it's not like ya can put any distance between the two of ya. Yer in all the same classes so ya do all yer projects together. And ya work the same work shift." Osamu offered, pouring hot water into the two cups. The chamomile tea coloring the water a light shade of yellow.

"I don't know. I still wanna know what Shin thinks but maybe he has some ideas."

"He might but Suna's yer friend just like me. So don't push him away because Kita might want ya ta. Do what's best fer ya and best fer ya relationship. But remember, you have yer friends and Kita has his."

He was right. There were some of Kita's friends that you weren't exactly a fan. Especially Aki. You remembered how jealous you got whenever she hung out with Kita. She was stunning and so nice but never wanted to be around you with Kita. There were some obvious hints that she liked Kita but he seemed to ignore them till it was almost too late. But you never felt like it was your place to say that you didn't want him spending time with her. It just felt like you were overstepping but he assured you it was fine saying to say if your uncomfortable. It was still hard though.

A series of head pats interrupted your thoughts. You looked up to Osamu taking a sip of his tea.

"Do what ya feel is right (y/n). I'm gonna go ta bed, see ya in the mornin'."

"Goodnight 'Samu. And thank you."

"Of course. Also ya better not sleep through yer alarm tomorrow or else I'm not givin' ya any coffee." He chuckled. A small smile spread onto your face. You were grateful to have Osamu as a friend especially at times like these.

•••

You laid in your bed tossing and turning. "Should I ask him or should I just let him tell me?" A question that seemed to never get its answer. You were tiered of it. So your grabbed your phone off the night stand. The time read 3:05 am. Internally you groaned. "There's no way in hell I'm gonna get to class on time." You thought already knowing how tiered you're going to be.

You pulled up your boyfriends contact and began typing. You needed to know. It just had to be done. Now.

𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲❤️

𝐘𝐨𝐮
Hi baby
I know it late but I just wanted to get
this out before I chicken out

𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲
Hi my love
You know it is pretty late right?

𝐘𝐨𝐮
I know but I just need to know
something

𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲
Okay what is it?

𝐘𝐨𝐮
Do you have an issue with me being friends
with Rin?