𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 ~ 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐡

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

[(𝒴/𝓃)'𝓈 𝒫𝒪𝒱]

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

You texted Suna that you were on your way hopefully giving him enough time to put on some clothes. You couldn't even count the number of times you had shown up at his house with him answering the door in nothing but his boxers.

You felt a little guilty about having to leave Osamu but he assured you that he was okay. You knew that when you came home he would be cooking up a new recipe for you to try and forcing you to binge-watch some awful reality dating show, making bets on who would be eliminated first.

As you neared Suna's apartment complex, you felt your phone buzz in your pocket. You checked your messages seeing that Suna had texted letting you know his door was unlocked and it was okay to come in.

•••

Suna's apartment was cold. Not just temperature-wise but the overall feel of it. The decor was shades of white, black, and grey. The curtains were always drawn together, letting in very little light. And all of the lights were cool white LEDs. the type that gave no warmth to a room. The place was almost devoid of color. Almost.

On the corner of the glossy white coffee table that sat in the middle of his living room was a (f/c) picture frame. It was a picture of you and Suna on your high school graduation day. You had given it to him as a housewarming gift same as he did for you but yours was in a silver frame.

"Rin, I'm here!" You called out, placing your shoes by the door.

"Hey." Replied Suna, coming out of his room as he pulled a black hoodie over his bare torso.

He walked over to you, pulling you into a tight hug. You doing the same, wrapping your arms around him and squeezing as hard as you could.

"Your hair's wet," he murmured, resting his chin atop your still-wet hair.

"Yeah, I just got out of the shower," you replied, releasing your death grip on him as he did the same.

He put you at arm's length, his hands firmly grasping your shoulders as he twisted you about at his own will, almost as if he were looking for something. You studied his face as he did so, his nose scrunching almost in disgust before he released you.

"What was that about?" you questioned, curiosity lacing your words.

"Nothing." his flat voice and deadpan expression causing you to shiver.

It wasn't just his apartment that was cold; frigid even, but it was also Suna at times. It was rare, but it could still send goosebumps across your skin, causing the warmth from your body to suddenly leave. That was just who he was, always has been. Even with you. Especially with you.

•••

As you started to work on the project, Suna was not having any of it. Sure he was putting information into the presentation. Sure he was correcting mistakes that had been made. But he was becoming mean.

"Can you hurry up and add your information. I have plans after this." He said, his voice flat.

"Um yeah sorry. So what are you doing after this?" You asked, trying to keep a cherry disposition.

"Just plans. I asked you here to work on our project not question me." And with that you were done. It was better to work than to talk.

It didn't get better. No matter how much you joked, how many little witty remarks, how much space you gave him, he was still cold with you. You'd had enough of it. You got up off the couch and grabbed a small clutch from your bag and left his apartment. You knew exactly what would get him to talk again.

"Where are you going? We're not even halfway done." his voice filled with frustration.

"Does it matter? I've been doing my work and I just want a break. Just a bit of air is all." You said not even bothering to look back.

There was a small convenience store right next to Suna's apartment complex that you both frequented while working on projects together. You walked towards the aisle that had candy and grabbed a handful of chuupet, paid, and left.

You re-entered Suna's apartment, his eyes only meeting yours for a fleeting second. You sighed as you walked over to him, stopping right in front of his seated figure.

"I have no idea why your acting like this but frankly I'm tired of it. So, I'll give you all of these if you tell me what's wrong or at least talk to me again." You said holding the chuupet you had just bought, your tone firm and demanding.

"Are you seriously bribing me?" he questioned, not even lifting his gaze from the laptop in front of him.

"Yes, I am!" your tone growing firmer.

"(Y/n), I'm not a fucking child." His cold piercing eyes finally meeting yours.

"Well, your acting like one. I haven't seen that pout leave your lips since we started working on this project!" you protested. "You know that you can talk to me about literally anything. I just want to know what's bothering you so much." your tone softened to a plea. You truly hated seeing Suna act so cold and distant as it normally meant that something was seriously wrong. Not just something bothering him, but something causing him pain.

Worry was evident in your eyes. You could tell by the way Suna's expression changed upon looking at your face again. Slowly, he rose to his feet making his way to where your figure stood. He took you into his arms, wrapping them firmly around you.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm sorry (y/n)"

Soon you could feel the steely cold leave him and the warmth return. It was rare for Suna to apologize unless he realized how badly he messed up. Or maybe it was just with you. You weren't too sure.

•••

Hours had passed since Suna apologized and your project was finally done. Suna had offered to make you dinner as it was already past 8 o'clock however, you declined as you wanted to go and see how Osamu was.

You gathered your stuff getting ready to leave-taking one last look around Suna's icy apartment. After a quick hug, you were on your way out ready to go home and eat something.

"Hey (Y/n)..." Suna called, uncertainty etched on his face.

"Yeah?"

"Uh... it's nothing. See you on Monday." he responded, a fake smile plastered on his face. All you could do was nod in response.