Chapter Thirty Seven

A/N : I think the notification for the last chapter (chapter thirty six) got a little messed up, so if you missed that chapter then read that one before this!

***

"I can't believe this shit." Tucker sighed, keeping down his phone where an article with pictures of him and Callum were posted.

"Just ignore." Callum said as he kept staring at his laptop, reading some contract he was supposed to sign.

"It's just so fucking annoying. I don't want to see my face plastered on these articles or fan pages or what not. Is privacy not a thing anymore?" Tucker ranted.

"You'll be used to it in sometime, it won't make you angry then." Callum said, still not looking away from the screen.

"Do I look like the type of man to stop being angry when my privacy is being invaded?" Tucker deadpanned. Callum just hummed in response, frustrating Tucker even more, "Fuck this."

Tucker went to the liquor cabinet at Callum's which he had gotten quite familiar with in the past few months, even though he had cut down on alcohol a fair bit. He looked at the bottles, before settling on a bottle of rum which was probably the cheapest of the lot.

He poured himself a glass, and gulped it down in a single go before making himself another drink. He took the bottle to the balcony and sat on one of the chairs as he looked over the city lights. It was a pretty view, but it wasn't calming him down very much.

"Tuck?" Callum called out as he entered the balcony, leaning against the glass door as he looked at the attorney with a frown on his face, his disappointment evident.

"Don't give me that look." Tucker muttered.

"What look?" Callum asked, folding his arms against his chest.

"The look that screams how disappointed you are in me." Tucker answered.

"Why would I be disappointed in you?" Callum questioned again.

"What is this? 20 questions? My favourite colour is red and my favourite cuisine is Korean," Tucker replied sarcastically, making Callum frown, "There's that look again."

"I'm not disappointed in you, Tuck," Callum began, sitting down next to Tuck before continuing, "I just don't think it's healthy to deal with every minor inconvenience by getting drunk."

"It's not a minor inconvenience to me. You've had years to be used to this, not me." Tucker said.

"That's not the point and you know it. You've been fidgety even more you came across those articles," Callum pointed out, "Are you going to tell me what's up?"

"It's.. it's this old case," Tucker sighed, "I can't disclose too much but it's just fucking with my head."

"Can you tell me anything about it?" Callum asked, keeping his hand on Tucker's thigh.

"I prosecuted this guy about a year ago. He got sentenced to life and now.. now some new evidence has surfaced and there's a chance that he might actually be innocent." Tucker said.

"What are you going to do?" Callum asked, taking the drink away from Tucker's hand and keeping it on the table.

"I don't know. Dig deeper." Tucker shrugged.