Chapter One: The One with The Peaches

Chapter One

"Well at least the Station is still standing," Maya joked as she and Carina drove into the parking lot. Carina, her wife. Her incredible, amazing, smart, beautiful wife.

"Of course it is - Andy is sensible," Carina replied, laughing at the blonde.

Today was their first day back from their two week honeymoon. Having that time together had been so relaxing, Maya had even tanned which had come as a surprise to them both, given that number one, she normally just burnt when in the rays and number two because it felt like they spent a lot of their time in bed.

Although, they had taken the time to explore and get to know the places that they would be staying in. They'd gone on tours, tried all the food that they could, went to the beach, up to the mountains - they'd done everything and it had been amazing.

Maya doesn't think she's ever had a more calming two weeks in her entire life, her days always being consumed by the chaos of fire and work meant she could never truly let herself go. But, thankfully she'd been able to get in that mindset to leave everything behind, even if it had taken her a few days at the start.

They had been sent pictures of Enzo from Travis and Emmett proving that their dog was doing well, which made them both happy - their dog truly was the best to ever exist. Plus, Carina's plants had also miraculously survived so both women were doing great but true to their healthy workaholic selves they were ready to be back at work doing what they loved.

Carina parked the car and they both stepped out and walked hand in hand to the building that was their second home.

Maya pulled open the door for them to walk inside but were met with cannon of confetti and loud cheers and shouts.

"Welcome back!!!"

The couple, well mainly Carina, yelped in shock and surprise as Maya just laughed - she had a feeling that the team would have tried to scare them however the brunette clearly was less cynical than her.

"Thank you guys!" Carina said as they went around in a circle hugging them all.

"How was it?"

"Wow Cap, you look tanned!"

"We better be prepared for workouts now!"

"Finally we can have some good food again!"

"Okay - one at a time," Maya laughed, wrapping her arm around Carina's waist.

"Did you guys have fun?" Travis asked, leaning up against the reception desk.

"It was fantastico, grazie Travis," Carina replied.

"Glad to hear it - we've missed you guys around here," Vic added.

"We missed you all too, but it was nice to get away - have the sun, the sea, some time together."

"I bet - at least the weather has picked up again - we had some bad rain the first week but its been pretty sunny since, hopefully it will all hold up."

"Agreed," Jack said. "I've had enough of the rain - way too many careless accidents because of it."

"You'd think that when it's raining people would slow down when they drive, but no," Travis sighed.

"I was saying outside - it's nice to see the station still standing," Maya teased, receiving a shove from Andy.

"Okay - we can catch up more later, let's get shift started," Maya called out, receiving a groan in response. "Yeah, yeah life's hard," she laughed. Everyone began to walk away and get on with their chores as Maya gave Carina a kiss. "See you in a bit?"