Chapter Nine: The One with The Whiskey Bottle

A/N: IT'S STATION 19/GREYS PREMIERE DAY - I AM SO EXCITED IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!! 

Now, I got that out my system haha - I just want to say I will take 100% full responsibility for any emotions/trauma you go through in this chapter....have fun. 

Chapter Nine: 

Previously...

"Hey!" She greeted happily. "Is everything okay?" 

Her face falling as she heard the words being told to her across the phone. 

"What?" 

The smile that she'd had was wiped off her face as her phone dropped to the floor, everything around her falling silent as she felt her body go numb...

"Maya...Maya..."

Maya had never quite known what it felt like to be empty. Sure, she had felt sadness before and she'd felt loss. She lost people all the time, at this point in her career that number was in double digits. It wasn't something she was happy about, but it was the nature of the job. She couldn't save everyone. But, what she was feeling right now was something more than she'd ever felt before. It was magnified beyond her own comprehension and she didn't know what to do. So, she decided not to do anything. By doing nothing she ignored what was happening. She ignored the pain and the hurt and everything that had come with the news of that phone call. By ignoring it, it wasn't a reality.

Carina didn't know what to do. She was sat in the kitchen, watching her wife stare aimlessly at the wall, a half empty bottle of Whiskey on the coffee table. It was a bottle she knew well, given it was the one her brother had gifted Maya on her birthday. She had tried to hide to it after the second day, not wanting Maya to spiral down into bad habits but when she returned from her walk with Enzo the bottle had made its return back to its spot on the table.

She had tried to talk to Maya but the blonde hadn't uttered a single word. In three days she hadn't said a thing. She'd tried to get her to talk, to open up, to say...anything, but she'd failed every time. She counted herself lucky that the blonde was at least eating food. She'd do it wordlessly but at least it was something.

Three days ago

"Maya!" Carina shot up from the table as she watched her wife's phone smash to the ground and her body look like it was about to collapse. She, along with Andy and Travis managed to get to her before she fell and they held her in her arms. They put her against the wall as Carina tried to understand what had just happened.

"Bambina? Maya? Talk to me amore mio - what's happened?" She tried to mask her fear with her questions but she knew she wasn't holding it in well. She could see the look in Maya's eyes - it was like she wasn't there anymore. Like everything had just been pulled from her body. She was staring ahead of her but not focusing on anything in particular. Her face had paled and her hands were shaking.

"Please Maya - talk to me?" She begged.

The rest of the team decided to leave the beanery, figuring the pair would prefer some privacy, especially based off of their Captain's reaction to whatever the news was that she'd just received.

Carina felt a comforting hand on her back from Travis as he left with Vic and saw him mouth...'I hope everything is okay' to her. She gave her him a small smile, hoping that his words would reign true and everything would be okay.

A small whisper shifted Carina back to her wife. Whatever it was that Maya had said had been so quiet she hadn't been able to hear what she'd said.