Chapter Ten: The One with The Roadside Diner

A/N: IT'S GREYS/STATION 19 DAY!! I absolutely loved the premiere and am so excited for what's to come this season! I loved all your reactions to the previous chapter and am glad it got you all in the feels - this one is a bit of a mix between action/angst so enjoy!! Enjoy!!

Chapter Ten:

It had been four days since Maya's 'breakthrough' in the gym, and it had been two since the funeral. Alberto had had very clear instructions of what he had wanted and given he'd had the time to prepare he'd had every last detail sorted out from music, to flowers - he'd left nothing to be contemplated which was in true Alberto fashion. It had also meant that when Maya and Carina had offered to pay for the services Gianna had quickly declined, saying he had already sorted the payments out as well.

Maya and Carina had both made speeches as well as Gianna and every single one of them had cried throughout the service. It had been a fairly small gathering, with some of Gianna and Alberto's friends arriving, as well as the team from 19 who had come in support. Maya had told the team about what had happened, knowing how worried they had all been about their Captain and as soon as they'd known they'd all be there to support the couple as best they could, even going as far to drop off some meals to Gianna as an offering of their condolences.

It was now a Tuesday and while Maya was off of her bereavement leave, A shift wasn't working today which meant she still had another day before she was due back at work. It was still early, but the sun was beginning to stream in through the blinds as the day signalled its beginning.

Maya scrunched her face up as she felt her body begin to rise from its state of unconsciousness from a small poke in her shoulder. At first she thought nothing of it because between Carina and Enzo she was always being woken up by one of them, whether it be Carina rolling over and clinging to her in the night or the golden labradoodle licking at her face or working his way in between the two women at night. But, as her brain began to process the fact that the intrusion on her shoulder was coming from the wall side of the bed, which was on the right and the fact her wife was currently on her left side made her eyes open, a small scream escaping her lips as she jumped so far back into the bed that she almost sent Carina flying off the end of the other side.

"What the hell!" She yelled, seeing her brother-in-law stood in her bedroom.

"Okay, in hindsight maybe I should have just called," he said, realising he may have chosen the wrong tactic.

"What is going on?!" Carina cried, untangled herself from the covers that she'd almost been thrown out of. "Andrea! What are you doing?!" She yelped, seeing her baby brother.

"Can we all stop yelling!" He said, trying to calm the two women, who he'd just scared the life out of.

"Not until you explain what you are doing?!" Maya protested.

"This wasn't even my idea! It was Carina's!" Andrew deflected, not wanting to be totally subjected to the blame.

Maya instantly turned around to face her wife, her eyes wide and confused, gesturing for her to explain.

"Stupido," Carina sighed, rolling her eyes. "I didn't mean like this!" She argued.

"Can one of you explain please!" Maya interjected - wanting to understand why Andrew was in her house at this time in the morning.

"Carina told me that you deserved to get away from everything and asked me if I could help, but she asked me to surprise you so....here I am," he explained quickly.

"I definitely need to take your spare key," Maya mumbled, running her hand down her face.

"When I said surprise I meant ring the doorbell or something not coming into our room and scaring the shit out of us!" Carina complained, throwing a pillow at her brother.