Chapter Four: The One with The Consequences

A/N: Have fun. 

"I'm telling you it was pass interference!" Dean cried across the table.

"It may have been but their defence was solid all game - it was a good play," Jack argued.

"I can't believe you are betraying your own team!"

"Not cool man," Warren pitched in as he sat down.

"I'm sorry I'm being fair!" Jack complained with a sigh.

"There is no being fair when your team loses," Dean said, shaking his head.

"Hey Travis, is the food done?" Andy asked from her place also on the table.

"Yep - it's here," he said, removing it from the oven. Vic handed out plates, as it was her and Travis's turn to cook they had both prepared, well Travis' mum had prepared them, some Korean fried chicken which they had heated up. But, they had made some rice and some vegetables to go with it.

"Where's Maya?" Travis asked Carina, who was reading a medical journal.

"She was filling out some reports, apparently someone on B shift messed something up so she's been in a mood trying to rewrite them all. I think she used the term 'incompetent'" Carina revealed.

"Of course they did," Andy sighed with a shake of her head.

"I'll call her," Travis said, but he startled everyone when he yelled very loudly. "MAYA! FOODS REA-"

"Montgomery, why are you shouting?!" Maya asked, holding her ears with a wince as she walked in.

"Oh sorry I didn't realise you were on your way up. Food's ready," he said.

"I think all of Seattle knows the food is ready," Andy laughed.

Maya walked over to Carina and gave her a soft kiss. "Hey you - everything okay?" She asked, taking her space next to her.

"Hm all good Bella. Just doing some reading. Did you finish those reports?" Carina replied, closing up the journal as the food was being put down in the middle.

"Nearly - I think I'm going to have to give that lot a crash course in how to write a report. It's honestly not that hard but they just don't seem to get it," she sighed, running a hand down her face.

Carina gave her a sympathetic smile as they all plated up, giving compliments to Travis's mum for her incredible food.

                              _________________________

"Let's go 19!" Maya yelled as the alarms blared through the station.

Everyone ran from where they were down to the barn where they quickly changed into their turnouts, or in Carina and Warren's case just jumped into the PRT and pulling out of the Station as soon as the doors rolled open.

Maya adjusted her helmet and pulled out her tablet, looking at the route that they would be taking and then following it towards their final destination. A suburban house fire, multiple victims, but nothing confirmed - there was a hydrant across the street which Maya mentally noted as well as the gas lines and power lines that would be running through the street.

"Okay, everyone listen up!" Maya radioed. "We have a house fire, an unknown number of victims. There's a hydrant on the right hand side of the road, directly opposite the house. I want Hughes and Montgomery on water, run those lines through and get the fire out. Herrera, Gibson, Miller on search and rescue do a sweep of the ground floor and then the upstairs. DeLuca and Warren you know what you're doing, triage and there will be smoke inhalation and burns so be ready," Maya instructed.