Chapter Thirteen: The One with The Red Carnations

A/N: So here we have it - the final chapter. I will say more in my authors note at the end- plus an announcement about my next project! - but I just want to say a massive thank you. To every single one of you that has been here reading every single week - I appreciate you all so so much. Now for the final time in this book...enjoy!

P.S This is a long one so get comfy, grab a drink and a snack and maybe get some tissues?

Chapter Thirteen:

Maya and Andy began to walk away from the bonfire and went along the shore line, the cold sea just touching their feet, although it was a nice contrast from the heat they'd been in front of just moments ago.

"So, what's up?" Andy asked, wondering why her friend had pulled her aside.

"I need to talk to you about something," Maya said, tuning to face her friend.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes, everything is fine," Maya smiled seeing the concern on Andy's face. "So - next week is mine and Carina's one year anniversary, and I have a plan but I need your help. Well, I need the team's help but Carina can't know anything...." Maya trailed off.

"I still can't believe it's been a year - it's gone by so quickly," Andy said. She knew it was their anniversary but actually hearing it out loud made her realise how much had happened this year.

"I know - it's crazy. One of the best years of my life. So can you help?" Maya asked.

"You don't even need to ask Bishop - what's the plan?"

"Well..."

Morning of their anniversary....

Maya kept a watchful eye on the omelette that was currently cooking in the pan as she busied herself with slicing up a collection of fruits, melon, oranges, strawberries and such. The coffee was just about finished and everything else was set and ready to go.

In a few swift movements she had the omelette on a plate, the fruit nicely presented in a bowl and the coffee all placed on a tray, a beautiful red carnation also accompanying the breakfast.

Today was the day. The day that marked one of the best days of Maya's life. The day she married the love of her life, her soulmate, her forever person. She thought about that day often, when she was bored at work, when she was showering, when she was eating - she thought about it so much it as if it would suddenly disappear. But she knew no matter what, she could never forget. She wouldn't forget the words Alberto had said to her, she wouldn't forget the way that Carina had looked when she'd walked down the aisle, she wouldn't forget their vows that they had promised each other, she wouldn't forget their first dance and she wouldn't ever forget their first kiss shared as wives.

With Enzo at her heels they both slowly climbed the stairs, Maya being careful not to spill anything on her way. She nudged the door open with her foot, Enzo running in ahead of her head jumping on the bed, licking at Carina's face.

"Hm - Enzo, boungiorno my love," Carina chuckled, rolling around onto her back to hug their not so puppy-sized dog.

"Glad I'm more interesting than the dog," Maya joked, seeing as her presence still hadn't been acknowledged.

"Sorry bambina- what's all this?" Carina asked, seeing the blonde with a tray of breakfast.

"Anniversary breakfast in bed," Maya smiled, walking over to her side of the bed and slipping under the covers.

"Smells incredible," Carina said, the heavenly smell of fresh coffee, fruit and her favourite omelette already filling up the room.

"I know right - what are you having?" Maya asked, attempting to keep a straight face as she watched her wife's grin vanish.