Chapter Eight: The One with The Phone Call

Thank you all so much for the positive response to the last chapter - I'm so glad to be back writing for this story! All I will say is this is a bit of a self admitted 'boring' chapter but it is needed for the next one! I hope you enjoy! 

Chapter Eight: 

"Please Maya!" Carina begged for the umpteenth time.

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please, please, please, please-"

"Carina - I said no."

"But I'm your wife," Carina stated.

"Which is exactly why you are staying at home."

"But that's not fair!" Carina complained, flopping down onto the sofa.

"It's just a few extra days - what's the harm?"

"I'm going insane being here by myself."

"You have Enzo."

Carina glared at her. "Maya!!!" She grumbled, a pout on her face as she crossed her arms.

"You know you're cute when your mad," Maya laughed, as she finished off making her protein shake.

"Please," Carina said again.

"No."

Carina decided to change tactics seeing as this wasn't working. She got up from the sofa and walked over to her wife and before she could even react she pressed her lips against her, soft yet passionate and deep.

"What about now?" Carina whispered, already feeling Maya's cheeks flush.

"No," Maya repeated, although her answer was given was some hesitancy. Carina smiled to herself knowing that it was working. She continued pressing kisses to Maya's lips, each longer and softer than the one before, many years of being together meaning she knew Maya would give in eventually.

"Please?" Carina asked again, between kisses. Maya's hands had now gravitated to her waist and her fingers were slowly running under the hoodie Carina's hand on.

"Fine," Maya relented, her brain a little dazed after the early morning make-out she had just experienced in their kitchen.

"I love you Bella," Carina cried, before giggling and running up the stairs to get changed. "Can we bring Enzo?" She asked, her head popping back out from the stairs.

Maya looked into the eyes of her wife, knowing she couldn't resist those beautiful browns. "Five minutes," she said with a sigh.

"Carina!" Travis yelled as soon as he saw his favourite Italian walk into the beanery, Enzo and Maya in tow.

"Ciao everyone," Carina smiled, greeting each of them as they welcomed her back.

"How did you convince her to let you back?" Vic asked, gesturing to Maya who was walking behind with Enzo's lead in her hand.

"I'm very talented," Carina smiled.

"You had sex and then she let you come back to work?!" Andy laughed.

"Uhm no," Maya said shaking her head. "That is not what happened, but I was convinced....in ways I will not disclose at work and plus she's not working she is here on a visit because apparently she is 'going insane being alone'" Maya said, quoting her wife as she took a seat at the table.

"Whatever you say Bishop," Andy teased. "But whatever happened must have been good because not only is Carina here so is Enzo!"

"I'd have brought Neo if I'd known," Travis added.