Chαρτεr 16

"𝙼𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚠𝚗

"𝙼𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚠𝚗."

The carnival was crowded. It was one of the biggest events that happened in Forks. In the middle of July the carnival went all day and almost all night. Every night there were fireworks when the sun went down and that brought almost everyone from town there. There was always at least one deputy there and one ambulance there, in case a fight broke out or there was an accident with the fireworks. It made people feel safe.

Smoking wasn't allowed in the carnival grounds but with a bracelet you could leave and come back. After the sun began to set, that's when the Cullens arrived while Paul and Willow were smoking outside. The moment that Willow saw Jasper her smile spread almost from ear to ear.

"You want one?" Willow held her pack up for Jasper who swerved away from his family to join her.

"I don't smoke." Jasper smirked as he ran a hand through his blonde hair.

"I do." Rosalie pushed her twin to the side, her blood colored nails pulling a cigarette out of Willow's pack. It was amazing to Willow that the Cullen's still looked amazing in casual clothes. 

"How you doing, Red?" Emmett wrapped an arm around Rosalie's shoulder, his dimples showing in his bright smile.

"It's good to see you again Emmett." Willow laughed at his excitement.

  "Willow!" With a hard thud Alice crashed into her hard enough to make Willow stumble slightly backwards.

"I'm gonna head back and find Marshall." Paul tossed his bud on the ground and turned his attention to the redhead beside him "I'll meet up with you later Lola." Willow watched him walk back towards the carnival opening.

"We'll meet up with you later, Jazz." Rosalie took her unlit cigarette behind her ear. Willow wanted to question where Edward was. She was fine not having to see his disappointed look he had on his face every time he was around her."

When the Cullen's left and it was just Jasper and Willow left, the two of them leaned against the fence. Jasper leaned on his side to face Willow, his leather jacket crinkling slightly, his blonde hair falling loosely in his face, and his gold eyes glowing the dusk that was falling in the sky.

"Your family is sweet." Willow blew some smoke into the air, tapping some ashes off the end.

"I'll remember you said that."Jasper smiled, his hand moving to brush some of her hair behind her ear.

"Have you ever been to a carnival?" Willow asked, preparing to bring her cigarette back to her lips. Jasper's quick hand snatched it from her causing an annoyed sound to escape from her mouth. "I thought you didn't smoke." Willow complained.

"Only when the occasion calls for it." Jasper quietly laughed and loosely let the bud hang from his lips taking a small puff.

"You didn't answer my other question." Willow watched him drop the bud on the ground, stomping the rest of the embers out.