Chαρτεr 23

"𝚂𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗."

Willow looked over at the clock on her desk, noticing that it was five thirty in the morning but she wasn't even tired. She let her hair out of the tight bun, her finger rubbing her scalp to relieve the headache from the information overload. She stood from her bed, stretching her limbs and all the while Jasper never moved.

"You only drink animal blood?" Willow tilted her head to the side, her eyes locked on him.

"Yes." Jasper nodded.

"Do you sleep?" Willow sat herself back down on her bed.

"Yes, but we don't need to sleep like humans do." Jasper continued to explain seeing her confused expression. "We can go several weeks without it but it will eventually catch up to us."

"Can you walk in the sun?" Willow moved on to the next question.

"Yes, but we tend to avoid it since it will expose us." Jasper leaned forward with his elbows on his knees, his head resting on his hands.

"How?" Willow asked.

"Our skin has a pigment that makes us glitter in the sun." Jasper explained with a straight face while Willow giggled.

"You- you sparkle?" Willow's hand covered her mouth to hide her giggle.

"For lack of a better word, yes." Jasper let out a little laugh, a laugh that made Willow's heart swell.

"You can cry?" Willow relaxed a little, the scared and angry feeling left her.

"Yes." Jasper answered.

"You can manipulate emotion? Have you ever done that to me?" Willow raised an eyebrow, nervous to hear the answer.

"Yes. Only ever to keep you calm or to lift your spirits. Never have I ever manipulated your emotions toward me or anyone else." Jasper's eyes meet Willows and she knew he was telling the truth. Even now he wasn't twisting her emotions.

"Why do you keep going to high school?" Willow yawned, exhausting starting to hit.

"The younger we start off the longer we can stay." Jasper stood and made a small step towards Willow. She held her hand out to him, knowing his story made her feel more relaxed about him. Jasper stepped a little closer, his cold hand laying in hers giving it a small squeeze.

"Do you want to drink my blood?" Willow looked up at him slightly scared of what she was going to hear.

"No." Jasper's voice made it clear that there was no question in his answer.

"Never?" Willow questioned. Jasper dropped to his knees beside the bed, his hand slipping from hers to cup her cheek.

"Never." His words, although the weirdest conversion ever, made a smile appear on her face.