Chαρτεr 4

"𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎

"𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎."

Last period of the day was always a drag. Especially when it was Home Economics, or 'Life Skills' as the school referred to it. It wasn't a horrible class, they learned how to balance checkbooks, how to use washers and dryers, how to iron, how to make a budget, how to cook, and health and hygiene. 

Everything you would need to know to live on your own if need be, and a requirement to graduate. Meaning the entire class was mixed with people from every grade.

This week's lesson was dedicated to car maintenance and Mr. Ellison seemed to dislike it as much as the students. Willow figured it had something to do with the fact that they had be in the mechanic shop class where his ex, Mr. Ashford.

Either way, Willow wasn't looking forward to walking across the cold parking lot to a stand for an hour to take notes on how to change oil.

"Hello? Are you listening to me?" Maya tapped her hand on the table to make Willow look up from her sketches.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?"  Willow turned her attention to her friend who was sitting in the vacant seat beside the redhead.

"I was complaining about how you get an entire table to yourself and I get stuck sitting next to my brother." Maya complained as she turned her attention to her phone.

"I can hear you." Matthew stated from the table in front of them without turning around.

"I don't care." Maya rolled her eyes. "I'm just saying, you're lucky Oliva Davidson dropped the class." She stopped for a minute to look at the sketch book. "Is that me?"

"Yupp." Willow turned her attention back to her book, each page covered in sketches of people she's closest to. "What do you think?" She scooted her book towards Maya.

"That you should be an artist professionally." Maya closely examined the drawing. "I don't know how you do it." The last bell rang as she handed the book back to Willow.  

"Miss James, please return to your seat." Mr. Ellison ordered as he walked through the door, losing his tie and running his hand through his dark brown hair.

"If I had no morals, I'd sleep with that man." Maya whispered as she scooted her chair back and gave Willow a wink.

"You'd have to get in line." Marshall countered and Maya didn't hesitate to smack him in the arm.

Willow smiled as she pulled her phone out of the pocket of her skirt, she ignored the messages from Noah, his hourly check ups basically. The group chat she was in had almost 30 unopened.

Charlie had messaged her to remind her that Iris was picking her up and taking her to the police station. One from Maggie that was a poll rating the hotness of the Cullens for "science reasons".