Chapter 33 - Doctor Reese

Ray's P.O.V

"But Hannah, I don't want to go.. I'm nervous as hell" I whined into the phone.

"Listen sweetheart, you want a baby yeah?" she questioned and I could tell that she had prepared for this conversation.

"Uh, I guess" my reflection in the mirror was horrible. My hair was greasy, my eyes were a little swollen and I just felt awful. I never really had a mom who would've told me about all of these symptoms.

"Good, so you get your fat ass into that doctors room and she will do nothing but check the baby out and if your lucky, she'll tell you if it's a girl or a boy" she always helped me build up my confidence.

"Alright" I tried to smile at my reflection, signaling that I was happy to be at this stage of my life.. Not really.

"I love you honey" she said and hung up. Great.

_________________________

"Ready?" Matthew smiled at me and took one last sip of his coffee.

"Not really" I sighed and proceeded to put on my shoes and coat.

"You'll be fine. Plus, maybe we'll find out if it's a girl or a boy, wouldn't that be fun?" I was surprised of his exitement. I never thought that Matthew would act like that around my pregnant self.

__________________________

"Mrs Becker?" the doctors assistant called me inside the room. Not it was too late to back out. I had to go anyways.

"Hello doctor Reese" I half smiled at her. She was beautiful, young and beautiful. I wondered if she was younger than me, maybe even my age. That would be weird, a doctor that fumbles with your private areas.. that actually could have been a class mate.. ew!

"Is this the lucky husband?" she gestured at Matthew and my cheeks went a cherry red. Married? Oh god. I don't know about that one, I didn't think that we were the type to marry.

"The lucky boyfriend" I said embarrassed and I could see Matty cracking up silently. Everytime someone mentioned for us to get married or that we were married we had to laugh because imagine me in a wedding dress and Matthew in a suit.

"Oh, I beg your pardon" she laughed and guided me over onto that little seat that existed in every doctors office. I hated those seats, they were sent from the devil onto earth, I suppose.

I lay down on the seat and she pulled out some kind of fold up chair for Matty. Lucky him I should say.

"So, let's see here now" doctor Reese said and smeared some sort of jelly thing onto my slightly puffed up stomach. It was cold, but Matthew held my hand. Everything that was in my head was simply the fact that the girl at our door could have been lace. What if?

"I hope he or she's alright" Matty whispered into my hair and I nodded quietly. Somtimes he could be so emotional and a minute later he is cold as a rock.

"Well, it looks like the baby's well" she smiles and inspects the monitor a little longer. She takes some quick notes and scribbles something onto some document and then looks back up at us.

"Want to know what gender the child has?"

__________________

I'd like to challenge you to guess the gender (if it's a boy or a gurl hah)

pls vote <3