Chapter 16 - just in time

Ray's P.O.V

I decided to lean my head on George's shoulder to rest my dizzy mind a little.
It was very exhausting indeed to be Matthew Healy's girlfriend. Well, I didn't really like the word 'girlfriend', as I said, it gives a human being no substance, no adjectives to rely on.
Instead of saying "she's kind" or "he's funny", you say "oh it's his girlfriend" or her boyfriend.

"You're a good friend, G" I whispered and I could feel him smile. The little bit of pressure on my forehead from his intense jawline was an amazing feeling that I didn't want to let go of, but I know I love Matty.

"Is he nice to you, always?" George asked in his suspicious tone that makes me feel slightly uncomfortable at times. Matthew has that same tone going on and I do not like it one bit!

"Pretty much" I answered honestly and then decided wether or not to add something. I did, "I mean manly it's me that gets him worked up so you know, what the heck?!"

"Wrong" he breathed out.
"Wrong? Why wrong?" I asked and looked up at him. He was already staring down at me which, weirdly, gave me little butterflies in my stomach.

"You deserve the best, not the half-way-round sorta shit" he demanded loudly, too loudly.
"Please keep it down and don't swear" I told him and he flinched a little and had an apologetic look on his face.
"Sorry, I'm an idiot! I shouldn't tell you what to do. I just want the best for you and I just apr-" I cut him off and did what I found myself desperately wanting. I kissed him.

----------

Matty's P.O.V

I sat in the car on the side of the street for about ten more minutes after she left.
'Oh Matthew, she doesn't even love you anymore you jerk' my consciousness said. Maybe the little me in my head is right, maybe she's just not loving me as much as she used to, or totally gave up.
'You can't blame her, man' my mind chirps in again and I bang my head on the steering wheel. He's right, I wouldn't blame her if she'd be fucking someone else now, I mean I messed it up! I've slept with others whilst being with her and she knows, she's probably hurt. 'No shit captain obvious' the voice in my head said and I swear if my 'inner me' says that one more time then that will be the end!

I decided to maybe show up at George's house, see if he would forgive me for what I've done and all.

They played our song 'Girls' on the radio which made me turn it right off. Our songs made me throw up sometimes because I remembered the memories that I had with Ray while the songs were playing. It makes me love sick and that just totally destroyed my image!

I parked my car in the car park and exposed my black boots to the thin layer of powdery snow on the ground.
I never thought that the distance from the car park to George's house would feel this long.

--------

George's P.O.V

This felt so wrong but also felt so right.
What if Matty found this out? Me sleeping with his girl, I'd die!

"Are you really okay with this?" I asked her and she looked at me with glossy eyes. "I don't know what to do, I'm just following what my heart is saying" she answered and kissed me again and again.

Her shirt was half off and her jeans were down to her ankles and not to mention my shirt that was already lying on the wooden floor.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang and we stopped. I silently went to the door and looked through the little hole, Matty.

"Get dressed, it's Matty" I whisper yelled and her eyes went wide.
"Do I hide?" she asked but I shook my head.
"You just sit on the couch with a glass of water and I open the door and say I was on the toilet" I whispered and ran over to the toilet to flush it.

I nervously opened the door and there he stood, the, fully dressed in black, Matthew Healy.

------

Sorry for not updating loves <3