𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 || 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐈...

【ADMIN NOTE】

✎ My dog farted. 

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

█ 15%

██ 30%

███ 45%

████ 60%

█████ 75%

██████ 100%

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

'Fuck man...I think I just screwed my entire life over...'

If I get accused of assault, that will remain on my criminal record. Permanently. I doubt anyone would want to hire a person who has committed any type of assault. And I know for a fact detectives must undergo security clearance before even considering being hired.

'Maybe I can compromise with him...'

Peering around, ensuring no one was going to be able to witness what I planned to do, I situated my arms under his dragging his body by his underarms.

'Damn, this guy is heavy'

It was a slight struggle trudging slowly to the back of the cafe. I can only imagine how peculiar this 'scene' looked from an outsider's perspective. The yellow-orange coat he was wearing hindered his rather large arms. If I hadn't outsmarted him, I knew he would have easily apprehended me.

'Quite the situation I'm in huh?'I inquired sarcastically to myself.

I had to pause for a few moments to catch my breath.

'Damn, it takes talent to hide a body...kudos to serial killers'

Once I reached the complete back of the building behind the exit door, I let my arms fall limp laying the man on the hard tile floor. Luckily, my car was parked directly in front of the exit.

When I leave the house for school, I drive to the cafe to park my car. I go to the cafe for work directly after school and extracurriculars. I take the bus to school from the cafe and from the cafe to school. I think it's an effective way to save gas, especially seeing I'm a low-income college student.

I caught my breath before resuming the process of 'stealing' an unconscious body.

'Gosh, this must look terrible from another perspective...'

My wisest choice would be throwing him in the trunk...if I leave him in the back, there's the possibility he may wake up and render me immobile...or dead. If I situate him in the passenger seat...well same possibility as the last option. Trunk it is.

To my luck, I never placed anything in my trunk so it was nice and empty for a body. Peering around for anyone to witness what I was about to see, I saw no activity. That being so, I proceed to resume pulling the man's body to my trunk. I wrapped my arms underneath his knees and back to hoist him up with fair ease. I placed him in the trunk, staring at the body for a few seconds for any possibility he'd wake up. After a few moments, I shut the trunk door with a fairly loud slam.

I trudged my way to the front seat, heaving a sigh as I shakily gripped the leather-coated steering wheel. My hands shook violently, my breathing wavering with twitches. I could feel a stinging in my eyes, tears wanted to fall but none were made.

"Holy shit...holy shit. Holy shit holy shit holy shit..."

I was incapable of processing what I had just done. But mindlessly I put the pedal to the metal and drove off to my house. The entire drive home, my body was just on auto-pilot, heart still beating violently against my back and chest.

『• • • ✎ • • •』

I pull up into the driveway, reverse parking the car into the garage. Hopping out, I shut the garage door close, obscuring foreign eyes from what would look like a murderer hiding a body.

I stood before my trunk, paralyzed with fear with the potential of the man being awake, ready to pounce and put an end to my life.

"Fuck it."

I swiftly yanked the trunk door wide open then stood in a defensive stance. To my luck, the man remained as I had left him. I stared intensely at the body, observing for any movement. When none presented itself, I placed my arms under his knees and back again to hoist his body up.

I entered the house, unsure at first of where to put the dude. I, unfortunately, do not have a basement. If I leave him in any of the rooms on the first floor, there's the possibility of someone entering the household and witnessing something that'll make me look sinister. I had no other choice than to leave him in the attic...for now at least.

Judging that there were no witnesses at the cafe nor surveillance cameras, neither of us could be proven guilty. He has nothing against me. But I also have nothing against him. So a compromise is the only option

[realistically, it would probably be most wise to knock him out and report straight to the police (because background checks and lie detector tests/polygraphs exist) but y'know, I must get the story going. I know y/n should probably be aware of this info seeing she wants to be a detective. Keep in mind she is still a sophomore in college. And sometimes in anxiety-inducing situations, it's difficult to think]

Opening the ladder that leads up to the attic, I trudge my way through my ascent. I immediately dropped him to the hardwood floor allowing my arms to be relieved of the strain.

"Damn...I need to condition my weak-ass arms" [if you do happen to be a physically strong individual, disregard 'struggling' dragging an unconscious body around]

Placing my hands on my hips, I scan the room for anything to restrain him. To my luck, there was a long strand of thick rope in the corner. I had knowledge of a few complicated knots from my self-defense classes, so I tied both arms behind his back and his two legs together.

"God...I hope he's not into this shit." I murmur.

I step back to process the fact I had a fucking unconscious piece of shit in my attic right now. I then took notice of the fact he still had the porcelain white mask on. The pitch-black plastic sockets seemed to stare intensely back into my gaze. The shiny white plastic obscuring this man's face only enticed curiosity to surge through me.

I was sure he still remained unconscious. Both his arms and legs where's till limp and his breaths remained long and slow.

"What if I..."

My arm and hand slowly hovered towards the mask. My heart raced with anticipation...

Then came to a halt when a low chuckle erupted from the man below me. 

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

『• • • ✎ • • •』

Hahahahahahh you're so fucked :)