𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 || 𝐍𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬

【ADMIN NOTE】

✎ You're doing great :)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

█ 15%

██ 30%

███ 45%

████ 60%

█████ 75%

██████ 100%

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Peek-a-boo,"

I jolted from the echo of a foreign voice. The voice sang teasingly but seemed to have come from all directions. I couldn't pinpoint where the voice came from. I found my head darting in different directions again.

I braced myself in a defensive stance, trying to steady my breathing but seeming to fail at doing so. I never trained in an actual life-threatening situation.

I turned my gaze down to the masked-man, "who the fuck was that?" trembling over my words.

"Oh, I don't know?" I could hear the smirk plastered on his face.

Hearing a creak where the window was behind me, I wasted no time dashing to the ladder. I hastily climbed down, tripping in the process. "Fuck-" I seethed through my teeth seeing that I rolled my ankle.

But I couldn't stay idle for long if I wanted a shot at escaping. Pulling myself back up, I only tripped again when my left foot planted on the ground.

"Shit, I can't escape like this. I have to hide."

Turning down the corridor, I dash into my room as discreetly as I could. I rushed to the corner of the closet, seeing that it was my best bet of a hiding place. Huddling deep into the crook of the corner, I quietly sorted my hanging clothes to hide. I also made sure the closet door was closed all the way.

A few moments of deafening silence passed. I thought that I was safe. That was until I heard the faint sound of footsteps above me. From what I could tell, this individual was climbing down the ladder.

My breathing became loud and hitched, so I placed both hands firmly over my mouth.

The individual began chuckling. It was more sinister than the masked man. I could hear the sheer amount of bloodlust just by the laughter.

At this point, I was holding my breath, trembling violently against the wall.

The footsteps grew louder, nearing the entrance of my room. Abruptly, they came to a halt.

I felt my breath stuck in my throat. I was paralyzed from where I sat.

The footsteps resumed but advanced further down the hall. I felt a wave of relief surge through me. I heaved a quiet sigh, allowing my arms to fall limp to my side.

!DING!

No...no...no, no, no, no

A blinding light illuminated from the pocket of my pants along with a loud vibration. My phone's volume was turned up to the max.

I felt my heart drop then race back up again. My whole body started shaking once again. "Fuck. I'm so fucked."

I creaked the closet door open slightly, tossing my phone under my bed in the hope it'll act as a decoy. I quickly shut the door closed.

Luckily, I threw random shit into my closet. I grabbed the nearest object that could be utilized as a weapon. I gripped an old wooden stick that was stuffed into the other corner of my closet.

I braced myself to sprint out the window. I slammed the closet door open, launching my body towards to window. Using the stick, I broke the glass pane. Shards of flying glass flew outwards. Regardless of my sickled ankle, I forced my body to jump out the window.

Life fell into slow motion at that moment. My eyes briefly turned back to my room's entrance as I jumped out. At the door frame stood a horrific being.

Long strands of jet-black hair cascaded down the man's shoulders. His skin was drained of all colors. But that wasn't the most concerning thing. His mouth...was seeming outstretched. Almost as if someone slit both sides of his mouth up to his cheekbones. His wide eyes bared into mine. 

A sinister smile was plastered on his face. In his hand, he gripped a knife.

Haha. No thanks.

I sprinted down the sidewalk, limping on my left foot. My foot was practically begging for me to stop, but my mind was determined on getting out safely.

By now, cars would occasionally drive by. At this hour, people would be coming home from work. Oddly enough, no cars were found...

Peering around, every single house was an exact copy of mine. Copies of my house outstretched for miles.

"What the fuck...?"

I found myself involuntarily slowing down due to confusion...and fear.

"When the fuck did I turn schizophrenic??"

The copies of my house were ceaseless and were now surrounded by trees that outstretched to great heights. I never lived near a forest, so something was certainly wrong with me.

"Haha! You look so confused!" Another foreign voice mocked. It wasn't the masked man and it certainly wasn't slit face, this voice was too cheery for that.

Oh god no, not another one...

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

『• • • ✎ • • •』