𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐 || 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞

【ADMIN NOTE】

✎ Hello dear readers! It's been quite a while since the last chapter update huh? I still deeply apologize for the wait, but I can assure you all, I'm back! :)

Short chapter, I apologize! I just felt that ending it short would've been best. The next few chapters will for sure be rather lengthy. 

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

█ 15%

██ 30%

███ 45%

████ 60%

█████ 75%

██████ 100%

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

You and Puppeteer advanced further down the dark hall that seemingly stretched ceaselessly.

"I'll have you know the final test measures more than physical strength and intelligence. That's why so many past pests failed miserably," Puppeteer noted, startling you a bit.

Your eyebrows furrowed downwards as you indulged in deep thought, "thanks for the warning?"

"My curiosity is gonna kill me. What the hell is the test going to be then. I was expecting I'd have to fight everyone here or something,"

"Mhm..but let me be genuine here," his tone shifted from the one you were used to. Finally, you felt you were conversing with the genuine Puppeteer. He rested a hand on your shoulder, enticing your muscles to immediately tense up.

"Jeesh c'mon relax," he chuckled out, "but anyways, my gut is telling me you'll be just fine. So I'm not too worried," you could've sworn you saw a real smile tug at his lips.

You were contemplating whether to be genuinely fearful or to be reassured. You were certainly having mixed feelings about this interaction. Regardless, you tried brushing your racing thoughts aside.

"Wow, never knew you were capable of not being an asshole," you chuckled nervously noting the hand still resting on your shoulder.

Luckily, he didn't take your reaction to an offense. "I can kill you if you want,"

"No-no-no-no-no-no-no-" you shook your head vigorously.

"Then take my kindness you pest,"

"Ahh classic aggressive affection"

"Yea, who knows, maybe the last affection you get," he said as a matter of factly.

"That's....that's sad to think about actually," you did come to a mental halt to think. You essentially just vanished from the real world. Friends, family, coworkers must be dreading your disappearance. Why haven't you considered that yet? You weren't even given a chance to say your goodbyes. Did you tell your family you loved them? Were you on good terms with everyone you knew? If the next moments really were your last...did you live a life fulfilled?

Before those paralyzing thoughts could spiral into more, Puppeteer cut those thoughts off by retaliating, "oh shut up pest."

"There's Puppeteer, I was scared I was speaking to an imposter," you crossed your arms and smirked

"Heh," he lightly laughed. He wasn't sure as to how his sudden outlook of you changed for the past series of moments. He thought of you as a nuisance. Why wasn't he treating you as such? He questioned himself. He could only suppose it's because it's been so long since a potential candidate arose. It's been a while since a newbie came along. It would be saddening to see so much potential wasted after all.

He shook his head from those thoughts. Now's not the time to get attached to only have you possibly stripped away from life.

"When are we gonna get thereeee," you groaned imitating the tone of a child.

"Soon. We'll get there...soon," his tone shifted to that of an eerie one. Suddenly, he simply...vanished. His entire presence was no longer there. The yellow strings that were laced around your arms also dispersed.

You brought your hands up in front of you, looking for traces of the golden strings to come to the conclusion that Puppeteer must've teleported away.

"And so it begins huh?" you announced to yourself. Anxiety finally hit you. Your breathing quickened and your heart rate ascended. You felt your body freeze up momentarily.

The next series of events will quite literally be what defines your fate.

Just a week ago, you thought you had control of your own fate. You were on a path to personal success. To only be stripped from that all so suddenly. It almost felt unfair to you. Why you? Sure you seemed above average for the most part. But, still average. So why?

You shook your head, shaking off your racing thoughts. Now's not the time to be paralyzed by your own thoughts. You still have control of your own fate, so now's the time to act on it.

"Alright, alright. I got this.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

『• • • ✎ • • •』

PERCENTAGES

Guide: [From the character's POV] (In case you forgot)

0-10% - Dislike

10%-20% - Neutral

20%-30% - Approaching platonic relationship

30-55% - Platonic relationship

55-65% - Approaching romantic relationship

65%-80% - Romantic relationship

80-100% - Obbsesive relationship

𝑱𝒆𝒇𝒇 >> 8% (no change)

𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒚 >> 8.5% (no change)

𝑯𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒆 >> 18% (no change)

𝑻𝒐𝒃𝒚 >> 23.5% (no change)

𝑷𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒓 >> 10% Though he didn't want to admit. He wants you to pass. You're not as annoying as he makes you seem. Perhaps it's because you're possibly on par with him as to why he was so defensive. 

𝑬𝒚𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒌 >> 34% (no change)

𝑩𝒆𝒏 >> 32% (no change)