#3 | My High Hopes, Are Getting Low

❝ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅᴇꜱᴛ, ᴄᴏʟᴅᴇꜱᴛ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ꜱᴏꜰᴛ ᴀꜱ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ ᴏꜰ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ.❞

~♡~♡~

Shouto shut the door to his dorm room after watching Aizawa leave.

'Shit, that was way too close.'

"Touya. You still there?" Shouto asked, putting the phone up to his ear.

"I'm here," Touya answered, mouth full of food.

"Are you fucking eating? My cover almost just got blown. We would've lost everything, and you're fucking eating?"

"Whatever. We would've dealt with it anyways. Although, Shigaraki probably wouldn't let us off that easy." Touya said, thinking back to whenever Shigaraki was furious at them two specifically.

"We'd be turned to dust without a second thought." Shouto breathed out.

"Hah! As if I'd let that moron dust me up first. I'll burn him to ash before he even had the chance!" Touya joked.

"Are you taking any of this seriously?" Shouto deadpanned.

"Of course I am. But until I get to see dear old dad again, and expose him to the world, I'm not gonna waste my energy." Touya said.

'Of course. Why am I surprised?'

"Although, you're finally leaving that putrid school, and those annoying do-gooder friends. How do you feel?" Touya questioned, stuffing his face again.

Shouto thought of the question.

Is he happy to be leaving his 'friends'?

Sure, he made himself clear that he despised heroes and this class, but really. Is he happy?

Midoriya had always tried to be his friend. Get him to open up.

And Shouto did, but not out of friendship. He really only just used Midoriya's knowledge to his advantage. He hadn't really cared about their so-called 'friendship'.

So really, no. He doesn't care about class 1-A. He was here for one reason. And he'd completed it. So now, it's time for him to leave.

"Good, I guess. I never really cared about it here. But at least I can leave, and not be restricted because of my stupid position as a student here." Shouto answered.

"Yeah. Just think about all the damage we'll do to father's name!" Touya's loud chewing was finally getting on Shouto's nerves.

"I'm going to sleep. And while I sleep, learn some manners, will you? We both know Fuyumi would've been disappointed." Shouto smiled smugly.

"You damn-"

And the call was ended.

...

Shouto sighed. Looking over at the clock, it read '3:03 AM'.

He had managed to sleep a total of 1 hour. He hadn't remembered exactly why he woke up, but he supposed it was because of a nightmare.

It always is.

School didn't start until 8:00 AM, so he had almost 5 hours to kill.

He could call Touya, but he doubts he would be awake.

He could visit the League, but he wouldn't be allowed to leave campus this early.

And so, he decides on a jog.